PDA

View Full Version : Great Fly Tying Website

Hairstacker
04-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, I stumbled on this great fly tying website and thought I would share. If you click on a pattern name, it will open up a picture and some discussion of the pattern. Just below the picture, you'll see a line "Tying Instructions" -- if you click on that line, it will open up a step by step tutorial. Check it out:

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/flybox.htm

8) 8) 8)

David Lee
04-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Pretty cool stuff there , Mike ..... Been surfing a bit , I see . David

Gregg Machel
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Very nice site, thanks for posting it!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Very good find

I put it in our web site's LINKS

StevenOjai
04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
:D Thanks for the positive comments on my website. My focus is to provide detailed information on how and where to fish the Sierra Nevada region and to organize it in a manner so that the information is readily available. If you know of certain fly patterns that have significance to a particular area, let me know. I'd like to acknowledge those patterns to the region. For example, The Twin Lakes Special is a very popular bugger pattern designed by Doc Randle out of Mammoth, CA and has been a goto fly for many of the Mammoth Lakes. Another aspect of fly tying that intrigues me is how patterns develop through variations. An example of this would be Denny's Seal Bugger as a variation of Kaufmann's Mini-leech or the earlier Canadian Mohair Leech.
Again, thanks for the feedback.
Steve Schalla

Hairstacker
04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Steve, I'm glad you piped in, as I was REALLY impressed with your website. In fact, I think it's one of the very best I've run across. The tutorials are outstanding!! I love a website that provides a step-by-step for every pattern listed. GREAT job!!! :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-08-2005, 11:25 PM
I can't believe that people like Steve here do all this work so we can have this great collection of information for free?

It is a wonderful contribution to this great sport of ours.

Much thanks to Steve and other unselfish fly fishers.

I love the Internt.

Richard
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Here's another site that I expect everyone knows, but for those who don't know it, the fly tying lessons are as well discussed and illustrated as any I have seen. It has organized the flies by beginning, intermediate and advanced and each has a great variety of flies and illustrations on how to tie them.

Once you are there click on "fly tying" (There doesn't seem to be a way to go directly to any section of the site except through the home page.)

http://flyanglersonline.com/

k.hanley
09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Steve Schalla that's a tremendous effort put into your website! Well done.
Cheers, Ken