PDA

View Full Version : Bass'n & Carp'n

Jay Murakoshi
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Went out this morning to the local lake look'n and a hope'n.
All I got at the first location was asked for my ID and how long have I been fishing there. After all was said and done, I found out that there was a dead body floating in the Marina. Got the heck out of there
I did see a few spots in the rocky points but the carp were far and few between.
The weather here is perfect. It was in the mid 80's today but predicted low temps the rest of the week. I'm heading to Eastman and Hensley late later this week for some big crappie. I was talking to a guy who said that his young son caught a couple crappie that almost measured 17". I'd say that's a decent fish but I'm on the prowl for something Golden and wiht lips that big.

Oh well, enough said

Jay

Hairstacker
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi Jay! 17" crappie? I'd say those are VERY nice fish. But, alas, I see you have become obsessed with the golden ones, ha. Good luck to you!

Jay Murakoshi
04-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey Mike,

What's next? Large catfish or maybe those Sacramento hardheads or whatever they are called. :P

Jay

Darian
04-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Jay,..... Sacramento Hardheads :? :? ,....I didn't know Politicians could be caught on a fly :lol: :P :P

Wonder if a Sturgeon would take a fly :?: :?:
How about designing a cocktail fly :? :? might look like a Ghost Shrimp, Salmon Roe combo with a Sardine wrap :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Hairstacker
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Jay, I believe catfish are a possibility. I know that David Lee hooked into a big one out of Lake Natomas, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't have a clue how to target them, though. Seems to me like you'd have to slowly strip a fly on the very bottom? Which means relatively shallow water if fly fishing? Maybe others have actually targeted them with success. . . sure would like to hear about it, as there are a lot of catfish in the Delta near me.

David Lee
04-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Channel Catfish are hunters .... They will chase stuff down (Rapalas , black beadhead Leeches ....) . I wish someone would figure out how to find/catch them on flies consistantly , 'cause those things FIGHT :!:
David