PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis and Frenchman's

Don Rotsma
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
As of today 4-5-05, Davis is about 60% iced out and will probably be completely open by this weekend. All points north of Coot Bay on the east side are available for wade and tube fishing. The boat ramp will not be open until next week or the following. Frenchman's is completely iced out and the entire shore is open. Boat ramp is questionable and the roads requied a 4wd at times. Fishing at both lakes has been fair to good the last couple of days using midges with indicators and other general attractor patterns. Check out my web site at flyfishwithdon.com for pictures and updates. Don

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi Don,

Great to see you here on our BB.

Don has been one of my main fishing partners for 30 years now. He lived in Sacramento, played football @ Sac State in the '60s, managed a bunch of grocery stores down here and then move to Reno. He is now a school teacher in Reno and has a mansion or compound on Davis Lake.

I have been with Don and Rick Jorgesen to Montana on one of their annual road trips which was the highlight of my trout fishing career so far.

Rick J, Don R, Don Senkeresty, Lee Haskin, Leo Gutterres and I went to Cancun last August for a great baby tarpon and permit trip. Actually dinners in Cancun with those great guys was as much fun as the fishing for me.

See Don's web site about Davis lake and the surrounding area:

http://flyfishwithdon.com/

Maybe we can all go meet up with Don and Rick on Davis Lake in May/June for the damsel hatch? I know I will be there for sure.

Rick J
04-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Don knows as much about Davis as anyone - well worth a trip up there with him when the fish get going!!!

Bill - do you want to let us all know how you got the nickname Billy "whitefish" Kiene! :lol:

Re Cancun - a truly great adventure with a great group of guys - kinda think Don was the only one not necessarily enjoying dinners!!