PDA

View Full Version : Tying Desk Disaster

Jay Murakoshi
04-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Here's what a tying desk looks like during a house remodeling.

http://www.fliesunlimited.com/images/tying_desk_II.jpg

Jay

Hairstacker
04-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Tying desk looks normal but all that stuff in the background IS distracting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay Murakoshi
04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey Hairstacker,

That's some of my materials boxed up and stacked. The room is finally finished and with new textured walls, ceiling and a fresh coat of paint.
Now the "boss" just said nothing hanging on the walls until I get the approval.

Give me a break

Jay

Hairstacker
04-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Jay, I know the feeling, BELIEVE me. When we moved into our house, I noticed this big empty spot over the mantle of the fireplace that was just PERFECT for a fish, maybe even a school of bluegills or something. The "boss" wouldn't even CONSIDER the idea. Go figure.

David Lee
04-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Shheeeet ...... You call THAT a mess(photos of my desk to follow ....) ?!? Your stuff is still in bags !! The most important thing I've learned from watchin' you tye is to throw away the drop ..... I wish I had a dime for every 2-ince piece of Diamond Braid I've saved trying to get one more fly outta it .

River's almost in shape , you and the big Ken need to come up and visit Stripe in a week or two . David

PS - Out of the 10.000 questions I asked at the tying demo .... I forgot one - What kind of super-glue do you use ???

Jay Murakoshi
04-03-2005, 08:15 AM
David,

I will be coming up in a couple weeks for the large stripers. I"m fishing the day before Kiene's fly fair. I plan on coming up on Thursday, fishing friday. If I can find some fishing on thursday, I will do that.
Gotta get the arm in shape, the Tuesday after the fair, I head down to baja for 4 weeks of sun, fun and fishing.

The CA glue I use comes from the hobby shop. The hobby shop next door to Kiene's sells it. I comes in a blue label bottle. Most hobby shops will carry the product

Jay

Darian
04-03-2005, 10:15 AM
WOW :!: :!: Some guys have it made 8) 8) . Did I read that post correctly :?: :?: :?: FOUR WEEKS in BAJA :?: :?: :?:

Can I go, too :?: :?: Please, please, please,.... Oh please :?: :P :P :P

David Lee
04-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Here is the "normal" state of my tying desk .
All it needs is a quart of gas and a match ...... David

http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/0589813-R1-007-2.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
04-08-2005, 07:26 PM
With the price of gas, I would use charcoal lighter fluid. Dang, I filled my tank up on Wednesday at $2.45 and this morning when I drove by the sign read $2.69.

And they talk about the price of fly rods !!!!

Jay

David Lee
04-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Hmmm , Jay , I'm seeing a Geo Metro in your near future :P David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-09-2005, 10:56 AM
We all need to be looking at vehicles that get better fuel economy?

What would be a small fishing vehicle that gets pretty good mileage?

I was looking at the Honda 'Element'?

Custom rod builder Gary Anderson from southern Oregon has one (AWD) and got 25 mpg driving to the San Mateo ISE show fully loaded with Al Perryman aboard too. Gary says it would launch a drift boat or small outboard boat.

They come front wheel drive and all wheel drive with 160hp.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/mar03/hondabig0326.jpg

They are ugly but they grow on you.

David Lee
04-09-2005, 11:08 AM
GOOD LORD !!!!!
You ain't kiddin' about that thing being UGLY :shock: :!:

But I guess the fish don't care , right ? At least you wouldn't have to worry about anyone wanting to steal it (there's an idea , Jay !) .

David

Hairstacker
04-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, all I know is, if you decide to get something really small for the gas mileage, make sure you take a fly rod with you to test the trunk capacity. I bought a Honda Civic this year, thinking it would give great gas economy, which it definitely does. However, I also found that a 9' 2-piece fly rod will NOT fit in the trunk. Is that a poorly designed trunk or what? All it would have taken is another 6 inches or so. What were the car designers THINKING?!? :lol:

Darian
04-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Mike,..... where are your priorities :?: :?: Take the rear seat in your car out 8) . The rod will fit then :!: :!: Your sons'll understand and the wife'll get used to it,..... eventually :shock: :shock:

Hairstacker
04-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Darian, Darian, Darian, your figurin' is a little cloudy this morning, eh? Take the rear seat out? No, no, no, that is the short-sighted solution. This is CLEARLY one of those rare opportunities to justify the purchase of a brand-spanking new, nifty 4-piece rod. In fact, I believe I will need several. I can see it now, "But honey, my fishin' poles don't fit. . . . :cry: :cry: :cry: " :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Lee
04-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I could "insert" a really crude joke here .... You know that , don't you ??
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P
David

Hairstacker
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Uh, perhaps I coulda been a bit more specific. . . . :lol:

Jay Murakoshi
04-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I like the comfort and safety of the BIG trucks/SUV's. I like sitting higher than the lug nuts on the 18 wheeler's.
So to have all that, I'll just have grin and bare it or the other option is to stay home and hope to catch something swimming in the pool.

Opps, my other option is to rent a compact from Enterprize.

Jay