PDA

View Full Version : Round valley Reservoir

Darian
04-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Anybody like to fish high altitude warm water fisheries :?: :?: Outside of the town of Greenville, is Round Valley Reservoir. It's about 4K feet altitude and produces large BB and Sunfish 8) 8) . Plus some Catfish. Looks like a great place to run a canoe, Kayak or float tube, etc. The largest BB caught there was 9lb+. 8) 8)

The only catch that I can see is that it get really weedy during summer and fall. Still open water even then :D :D .

Hairstacker
04-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Greenville?!? :shock: The other catch is how far away it is. :lol:

If you have a kayak, I can think of no better place to deploy it than the Delta. 8) 8) 8)

Darian
04-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Mike, Mike, Miiiiike,.... Where are your geography lessons :?: :?: Greenville is up the Feather River Canyon. A relatively short and very pretty drive (if you don't mind dodging house sized boulders :shock: :shock: dropping on the road in front of you :shock: :shock: :shock: ).

Take the turnoff to reach Lake Almanor and Greenville is located a short distance up this road 8) .

Granted, this is not a day trip but could be a very good overnighter.... :D :D

Hairstacker
04-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, according to mapquest, it is a 213 mile, 4 hour and 17 minute drive from my neck of the woods. :shock: Compared to the 5 mile drive it takes me to get to the Delta, it does seem like a LOOOOOONNG drive to me. :lol:

I agree, though, I wouldn't mind a 4-hour drive for a 2 - 3 day stay. But there's a lot of competition from other waters when you allow for a 200+ mile radius. :D

By the way, have you ever fished for largemouths out of Rucker Lake? I've read some good things about the bass in that place. . . .

Darian
04-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Yep,.... Sorry Mike, I forgot where you live :oops: :roll: and nope, I haven't fished Rucker Lake but it sounds like I'll be placing it on my list of "57 places to fish for BB berfore you (I) die"..... :D :D It's, also, closer than Round Valley..... 8)