PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings time now...........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-02-2005, 12:41 PM
The lower American River is suppose to be down to 5,000 cfs on Tuesday, April 5 so as soon as we hear that the Halfpounders are eating caddis in the afternoon/evening I will be there.

After work on the week nights in the Spring and Fall is a prime time fishery on the lower American River for Halfpounder Steelhead on caddis imitations.

Keep you gear in the car and hit it for the next few months till it gets too hot. The warmer it gets, the more it is early and late fishing and slower in the mid-day.

This is true on most low elevation/Valley rivers unless they are at a high flow.

JPY
04-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Fishing after work sounds like a great idea. I work very near Discovery Park. I walk around the park several times looks for spots to wade and fish. But that section look so wide and and not too enticing for fly fishing.

Any recommendations for wading near Discovery Park or do I have to fight traffic to get to Howe or Watt???

Thanks,
John

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Hi JPY,

Yes, you need to go at least to River Park/Paradise Beach.

We can fax you a little river map 7 days a week.

Darian
04-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Ya know, now that I'm retired, I don't much worry about change of time. I go to bed when I feel like it and wake up at the same time regardless of what hour it is.... :D :D This IS the life..... 8) 8)

Now, if I can just figure out a way to have someone do all the chores for me :?: :?: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

David Lee
04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Ya know, now that I'm retired, I don't much worry about change of time. I go to bed when I feel like it and wake up at the same time regardless of what hour it is.... :D :D This IS the life..... 8) 8)

Now, if I can just figure out a way to have someone do all the chores for me :?: :?: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
CHORES :?:

What are the hours , and what does the position pay ???? :twisted: David :twisted:

Hairstacker
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Does what he wants when he wants, and he's complainin' 'bout chores. Sheesh. :roll: David, when you see Darian, whack him in the leg with an 8 wt. for me, would ya? On the other hand, David, that might dim your chances. . . . Never mind.

David Lee
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I just don't know , Mike ..... I'm pretty glad to wake-up AT ALL most of the time !! I think Darian will go out more when the weather gets over 80 degrees most days .... Can't blame him , i don't like the cold much , either .

I'm still tryin' to get you two out for Crappies soon , let's try to do that before fall comes :o

David

Hairstacker
04-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Well, Darian did suggest a Crappie-O-Rama in the "Mentioning the Unmentionable" crappie thread he started on 1/28/05, and you had suggested New Hogan Reservoir in another thread. I'm game if you guys are. Maybe we can plan to meet there at a certain date, time, and specific location? I've never fished the place but if we can locate a cove with some wood in it. . . . My crappie flies are good to go too! 8) :D

By the way, sorry it took so long to respond -- I've had a heck of time moving from page to page on this board off and on all day. Either takes forever at times or it doesn't move at all. Have you had this problem?

Darian
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
OK guys,..... We do need to get out for some Crapp(Y)ie fishin' before spring is over.... 8)

Ya know, like Mike, I think there's a noticeable slow down in swicthing screens, logging on and responding on this BB :? :? . I've done everything I know how to do to speed things up on my end.... 8) Maybe the BB is appraoching capacity limitations..... :? :? Which leads me to think that maybe additional info should be placed into the archive :idea: . The original archive is, apparently, no longer there (or wasn't after the BB was restored). So, maybe everything over 90 days should be archived on a continuing basis. Wadda ya thin :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hairstacker
04-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey, just found this posted by the SacBee Online on 3 March 2005: "NEW HOGAN RESERVOIR - Bass and crappie are both good bets with the Bear Creek and Whiskey Creek arms top choices. Both have flooded timber for cover." Sounds intriguing, eh?

Regarding the periodic slowdowns on this board, I have no idea, sorry. Could very well be the need to archive, but I haven't a clue about that either. Maybe Eugene knows?

David Lee
04-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Hang it - Crappies are almost over . Just a few more weeks and I will guide you two to some hot spring Stripers . The water's got to warm up just a little more , then it's money .

I'll have to mooch a camcorder so's I can get you two buggers on film - that should be interesting :shock: Maybe bring the "Q" out and burn-up some pigs/chickens/cows for lunch on the river .

We'll put a 12 hour time limit on the trip so we can all go back to the "real" world (like fishin' w/ friends in the bush isn't real :P ) . It sucks sometimes not being $rich$ !! David