PDA

View Full Version : "Road Hunting" for bass & panfish.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
When I was a teenager, my brothers and I would load up all our tackle and get in my '53 Ford and start driving. No maps, just drive and keep our eyes open for some water. We never really knew where we were going but we found places to fish. We found sloughs and small ponds that we sampled. Some where good.

When I started in the fishing tackle business in '65 I started getting lots of good ideas from customers on where to go. We got invited to great private ponds by customers years ago. We had some ponds up near Plymouth that were unbelieveable. It was almost too easy. You could throw anything out there and something would eat it. If I had a place like that to take new fly fishers, I could be a millionare?

Our old Cortland Line Company Rep Joe Patterson always had some ponds he could take us to. One was actually a duck club and I don't think any of the members actually fished those ponds. We waded just outside the tules waste deep and cast ahead of ourselves with poppers. Unreal fishing!!!!

I think that warmwater fly fishing is on a huge come back right now and it is so exciting. I hope we can get more people into some great action this spring. We will have some BB fishouts for sure.

nathg
04-09-2005, 08:53 PM
A fishout sounds great.... Keep us posted.