PDA

View Full Version : Fly tying get togethers at the shop?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2005, 09:10 AM
We could meet at the shop and have some group tying sessions?

I think that next winter we could meet once a month on a weeknight or weekend for some fun fly tying sessions?

I am still looking for people to come and tie on Saturdays or Sundays at the shop to create some interest in that part of the sport.

Our options are unlimited here.

We could vote for what fly we would like to learn to tie and one evening I could get a person that is very good at that fly and we could have a group learning session, free naturally.

Maybe a fly tying club?

Lately on Sat and Sun Andy has been tying some stripers flies out front in the shop so if anyone wants to see how he does it, just drop by.

Jgoding
04-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi Bill,

That might prove to be very fun and interesting.

Darian
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
It does sound good 8) 8) . Might even substitute for the "Fly of the Month" suggestion posted earlier :idea: . Easier to implement.... Good location....

I like it :D :D :D

Gregg Machel
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Count me in, this sounds great!

David Lee
04-01-2005, 08:09 PM
You guys know I'm an IDIOT for hanging out and chattering/tying w/ the fellas ....

It does sound more like a winter sort of thing , though . I know as soon as that stupid river drops , I am going to be fishing almost every day , so that cuts into the social things .

It's just about time to start on Shad flies :idea: (I picked-up 200 #6 E.C.1197N's a while back .....) 8)

David

Jay Murakoshi
04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey Bill,

I'll come back on a Saturday and tie up some size 32 sea habits. Just kidding, don't even think I could pick up something that small, muchless tie on it.
I think alot of people would benefit from an all day tying session. I still have alot of tying tricks up my sleeve from my days of tying trout flies

I heard that you've already hired someone to take Adam's place....I think the first name is Bill :)

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Yes, I am having to go back to work now. :(

It is called "faking it". Adam made it look easy. :cry: