PDA

View Full Version : feather report

steve sullivan
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
I wish there was a group called reports??
In the last week I have fished the feather 4 times. 2-3 weeks I was getting about 5 -7 hookups by the hatchery but only about 1/10 fish were fresh. The last 4 times I was skunked once, once I had a fresh, silvery but not chrome 19 incher, a fresh but not silvery 22 incher, and today I caught a 26 inch hatchery chromer, pure silver, looked like a ocean fish (by the time I got it home its red lateral line was gone, you could barely see the line). Each of the 4 days these fish were the only fish I had on, so it was alot slower than 2-3 weeks ago. I would suggest fishing in the high flow area now. One of the almost chrome fish I caught was by the hatchery, in the "gazebo" hole, where the log is, right between the riffle and the slack water with foam. I would not suggest fishing the hatchery area tho as I think it is the very beginning of the spring run. That is my honest opinion, let people harrang me for it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the detailed report Steve.

Hairstacker
04-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi Steve. Enjoyed your report! Might be slower but sounds like you're still having a good time, good for you! :D

steve sullivan
04-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the detailed report Steve.

Hi Bill, thanks for the good deal on breathable waders. $50 for orvis clearwaters!! Everyone make sure to keep an eye on the clearance department!