PDA

View Full Version : stripers on lower feather wading?

steve sullivan
03-31-2005, 11:13 PM
I am thinking of going to the lower feather, what flies should I use for stripers, and can someone point out a url for the recipe? Where on the feather can I wade for striper fishing?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-31-2005, 11:46 PM
If the flow on the Sacramento River and the Feather River both come down soon, you can wade for Stripers at the mouth of the Feather River near Verona.

We have waded there for about 35 years for Shad and Stripers in April/May/June. We fish from anchored boats too. We have done lots of night fishing there too. We catch Smallmouth there too.

I will try to get Don Rotsma to tell our story about catching a lot of Stripers there wading one night in maybe 1977.

Darian
04-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Steve,..... Striper Patterns are pretty much the same for this area.... Clousers, Striper Caviar, Half/Half's, Olive Beadhead Wooly Buggers (sorry David, I hadda do it :P :P :P ), etc. 8)

There're variations of hooks sizes & styles to try. The colors can vary, also. If you have a chance, you should go to Keine's and check with Andy Guibord for equipment, lines, flies & leader recommendations. 8) 8) It really does pay to ask someone who is experienced, in advance. :D :D

Dan Blantons website has a bunch of information about fly tying and the BB that has a lot of discussion about catching Stripers on flies. :D :D