PDA

View Full Version : Report , March 25th , 2005 -

David Lee
03-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Hit a few private ponds with Sturmer White today . Found high , cold , muddy water everywhere , still picked up a few Bass . Sturmer outfished me 3 to 1 (he does that everytime we go ...) , beautiful day to be outside !!

If the rain stays away for a couple of weeks .... local ponds will be on FIRE :twisted:

And .... that would be a nice change !! David

Hairstacker
03-26-2005, 03:13 PM
David, way to go!! At least you got into some fish, bass no less. Those two words, "private ponds," are magical, aren't they? Some of my very fondest fishing memories go way back to the ponds of my youth.

David Lee
03-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Mike - the big pond where we spent most of our time fishing was PERFECT (except for cold , muddy water ....) . Weedbeds and the odd blowdown against the bank , tule banks , all the good stuff . The fish were off 'cause of the cold , but we still got a few . Just about every fly we threw managed a fish or two . Sturmer used a large Gurgler , weedless black bugger , and one of my tiny (#10) olive conehead leeches . I used a #4 chartruse Zonker (first fish ever on that fly !) and a #6 trusty Dragonbugger(my extra swapfly ) :D .
We found a good pod of Bass at Cameron park lake later that day ... same cold , muddy water - all of the fish there were cookie cutters at 14 inches and fat w/ spawn . Should be very good in a week or two . Sturmer White is a scream to fish with , good guy and a hell of a fisherman . David