PDA

View Full Version : Klamath River regs

BSD
03-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I have checked the fishing regs for klamath but they are not listed in the sport fishing regs. It says they are reported in a suplement. I searched and searched online and could not find it. I went to my local fly shop and they didn't have it and they also didn't know the regs. Does anyone have this info?
I am asking because I will be heading north end of next week, probably 30th - 2nd. Was going to look at the smith, eel, and klamath. As far as I can tell the smith and south fork eel are closed after the 31st? Is this correct? What about the Klamath? I wish the regs were more straight forward ...

Thanks for any help

Brian

Darian
03-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Brian,.... The way it's worked in the past is that past years regs were in affect until new regs were published.... That includes Supplements. Usually, new and changed regs are adopted by the Fish & Game Comm during February/March of each year. If that's still the way it works, you could use last years regs. 8)

nightgoat
03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
This might be what your looking for...

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/2004/7_50b91_1fregs.pdf

these are the regs adopted May 4, 2004. I think they are the most recent :?:

Bruce Slightom
03-26-2005, 09:45 AM
BSD, there is no closed section of the Klamath from Happy Camp down river. Above HC may be another story. The Trinity has some areas that close until trout season, so make sure that you are aware of them. The local game warden (Del Norte County) is very upset with fly fishers, failure to pinch barbs is his complait. So fore warned is fore armed. Bruce

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks Bruce.

Bruce is a veteran fly fishing guide on the Klamath River. He guides the summer and fall from Klamath Glen upstream with a jet boat. Try to get a friend or two togehter and get a trip scheduled with Bruce in September on the lower Klamath River if you want to see some of the finest fly fishing for steelhead in California.

BSD
03-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you to everyone that responded. I found what I was looking for on the link posted by nightgoat. The other information was good too. Looks like the Klamath is open year round even above HC. Thanks again.

stevie steelhead
03-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I just fished the Klamath five times during the last few weeks. Most recently on sunday just as the last storm blasted through. The river usually clears in 72 hours after a storm, and has a good steelhead run through march if you're willing to hunt for them. On sunday I caught 12 fish, 2 adults (all fresh), all caught on nymphs with an indicator.
PS., the Fish and Game Dept. has the supplement for the Klamath-Trinity system at their offices