PDA

View Full Version : Tracker

Jay Murakoshi
03-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Does anyone out there own a Tracker Pro v16. I looked at one today at a boat shop. I was powered by a 60hp 4 stroke. Not alot of bells and whistles but it did have a trolling motor and a fish finder. It was $15,000 OTD.
Now I'm trying to justify purchasing the boat. How many carp and stripers will it take to make the boat worth the money. Looks like I just might bite the bullet and make the purchase

Jay

Darian
03-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi Jay,..... Join the gang (.....as in misery loves company). There's no amount of Carp or Stripers that'll make it pay for itself. Ya know what they say about boats..... "A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into...." Author unknown. :P :P :P

My son and I bought a 17' Fisher together. He gets to use it and I get to work on and pay for it..... :shock: Oh well. :lol: :lol:

Jay Murakoshi
03-25-2005, 07:27 AM
Darian,

My wife was saying the same thing. A boat is a waste of money. How many times are you going to be using it with all the traveling I do. I looked at the Fisher boats up in Auburn. I'm looking at more boats this weekend.

Jay

MSP
03-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Hi Jay, I owned a Pro Angler V-16 for about 10 years. I loved that boat. Big enough for 2 - 3 fisherman but small emough for easy trailering. The only problem I had was with the Trailstar trailer. The crossmember welds broke twice on me and had to get it welded back up. The guys at the boat show assured me they have taken care of that problem? Great fishing boat to throw flys from without the pedestals installed. Traded it in on a 18' Ranger Fish and Ski boat that I'm afraid to take out of the garage. Gonna have to sell it and get me a fishing boat I can modify to my liking. Don't know how much you will use the new boat it but I wore mine out. Ya sure you don't need a Fish and Ski boat

Jay Murakoshi
03-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the information. Yesterday when I was looking at the boats and found the tracker, my wife made the comment that "that boat is not big enough to do both" What do you mean both - Water ski and fish....
Well the two sons will soon be gone and I'm sure the hell ain't going to be water skiing, unless she thinks she'll collect my life insurance policy and 401k. Hey, that could be a thought.
With a 60hp 4 stroke, the guy said you could tow a person in a tube. I told the wife, I'd get a big tube and I would tow her. That ended the subject about a ski boat SOOOOOOO, it looks like a fishing boat will be in the garage, as soon as I get the remodeling done and clean out the boxes.

Thanks

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Jay,

You want a Minn Kota 55# 12 volt autopilot bow mounted electric

You want a good Lorwarnce locator/GPS combo.

That boat will be fine if that is a Merc or Yamaha 60hp.

Check with our friend Mark Blanton @ Gone Fishen' Marine in Dixon for a price on the total package. You can call him on the phone.

http://www.gonefishinmarine.com/