PDA

View Full Version : Black and White Photos

MSP
03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
My daughter turned me on to taking photos using some of the other modes settings on the camera. Here are a couple, one of the daughter on the Trinity and one of a buddy on the American. Just thought I would throw these out there to see what you all think! :?:

http://www.flyfishnorcal.org/php-nuke/photopost45/data/500/285DSC00056.JPG

http://www.flyfishnorcal.org/php-nuke/photopost45/data/500/285DSC00075.JPG

MSP
03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
PS. Sorry for the size Bill, but the smaller photos didn't seem right. I'll keep the photos smaller from here on out. :) I didn't have much to say here anyway!

David Lee
03-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I think the shots are REALLY nice .
Did your Swap flies come in yet ?? David

MSP
03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey David,

Yea I got them today. Thanks again for taking care of the swap, looking forward to the April swap. BTW, did you mention the streamer you were hanging the 1/2 pounders on at the American. I seem to be having one of those memory loses that are becoming more frequent! It was great to finally meet you Sat. Hope we can get out on the river soon.

David Lee
03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi Mike , it was very nice to meet you , as well . The fly was a Whitlock Deep Sheep Shad , #6 on a type 5 shooting head . If the flows get down to 4000 CFS or under by Friday , I will go out Friday morning . Glad the bugs got to you .... Take care , David

MSP
03-23-2005, 08:29 PM
David, if the flows drop and you need some company let me know.

Hairstacker
03-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Mike, NICE pictures, I like 'em too. Fun to see something different. :D

DonCooksey
03-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Mike:

I love black and white photos too. My brother was a professional photographer for a while and was really into black and white photography. Here is a B&W photo of one of my favorite runs on Hot Creek. There is a big rainbow under that boulder on the left...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/DonCooksey/P9240037a.jpg

Darian
03-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Great pictures..... :D :D Guess I'm just nostalgic.... :roll: I think black and white photo's are the best. :roll: :roll: That medium conveys this time of the year best of all and most of the best photo's I've seen (including motion pictures) are in black and white. :D :D

Again, great work....

Jay Murakoshi
03-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I started with B&W and still love doing it today. I had the darkroom setup and the whole bit. Then I decided I wanted to do the professionally. I attended Brooks school of Photography for 3 years and then started shooting weddings, boy what a mistake. But it was fun.
I attended about a half dozen Ansel Adams Yosemite Clinic's and learned to shoot with a 8"x10" Linhoff bellows camera.
Years ago, I had a couple of photos published in the National Geographic when they ran an article about the Monterey Peninsula

I still love shooting B&W and Chromes.... Digital................it's ok

Jay

Gregg Machel
03-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Wow, National Geographic! Do you still have those photos? That would be really cool to see them!

Hairstacker
03-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Don, VERY nice picture, especially enjoyed your side note regarding the rainbow under the bouler -- for me, it makes me study the photo and not just look at it. 8)

Jay, National Geographic? Wow, doesn't get any better than that, that is the BIG time for sure. Have always been incredibly impressed with the work they display in their pages.

Jay Murakoshi
03-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Gregg,

I have the magazine packed some where in my archives. One of the shots was a shot of the Lone Cypress and the other one was a shot of China Cove down the coast.

I still have alot of interest in photography but not as much as I did when I was younger. Now that I only live 40 minutes from Yosemite, I might get into shooting some scenery shots.

Jay