PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River Flows and Fishing?

chemdoc
03-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Here I am on Spring Break with dreams of many fishing trips, but the weather and flows don't seem to be going my way. Putah Creek jumped from flows of 100 cfs to 1500 yesterday, so it must look like a raging river now. The Yuba jumped yesterday from 900 cfs to 2400 currently.

The weather is supposed to be better at the end of the week, so I was wondering how the higher flows on the Yuba will affect the fishing? Does a sudden change like this slow the action as it does on Putah, or will it be okay by Thursday or Friday if the flows don't increase further?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

rrivera
03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Howdy Chemdoc....

Your main flow concern is going to Deer Creek flows into the Yuba. If Deer Creek exceeds at or about 15 percent of the total Yuba flow, in my experiences it was not worth the drive.

A little color is good though, I've caught fish at 3 foot visibility. It's always better to fish while it's early during storm. But if you wait untill the flows are at what they are now, It might be a bit less productive.

The fishing should be magical after this spell of wheather. Just hang in there and keep an eye on both flow readings from Deer Creek and Yuba.

All the best.... Ray