PDA

View Full Version : Jay M. on Saturday ....

David Lee
03-20-2005, 04:56 PM
A great day with Jay Murakoshi !!

http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002007.JPG

Pretty nice to meet guys from the board , as well ....

http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002009.JPG

The one thing that stood out for me (besides hanging out w/ the guys ...) was the fact that as good of a tyer as Jay is , you wouldn't really know WHO he is - Here you have a guy that's been PRO tying for well over 30 years ...... Hundreds of thousands of flies tyed in his lifetime , with NO ego or bullshit about him . No pretence or "I'm important" vibe ... Just a regular guy that has mastered his craft and dosen't hesitate to FREELY give away his hard-earned experence .

To meet an Artist on that level who is also a Gentleman is a rare moment - we are lucky to have people like Jay in our lives .

Thanks for the visit , Jay .... The next time we see you won't be soon enough !! David

Jay Murakoshi
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey David and group,

Thanks for hanging around yesterday. You guys really didn't have anything to do since it was raining and they raised the flow.
Oh by the way, how was lunch? Sorry I couldn't get away. When I come up for the FF fair, you can buy me a hot dog, seems like they always run out just when I get in line but hey, that's what there there for, for you people to enjoy and eat.

Jay

David Lee
03-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Jay - lunch was nice ! Jeff , Darian , and I went to Sac. Brewing Co. and had Burgers and Turkey , Garlic fries , and Beer (the guys had iced-tea) .

An unpleasant side note - the Garlic fries/Beer combo did strange and horrible things to my gut (raw Garlic and brewers yeast !!) ..... on the bright side , I don't have to worry about pesky vermin in my fly tying room eating anything anytime soon - the noxious (PFFFFFFFT !!) fumes also made the cats run 'round foaming and hissin' while trying to excape the house :twisted: .

Thanks again for coming out , next time we'll get ya into fishies !! David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Jay is a special person in the sport today.

His partner in crime, Ken Hanley is a class act as well.

At Kiene's we are lucky to have good friends like these two taliented guys.

Jay Murakoshi
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Bill,

It's a pleasure working with you and the group at the shop. You and Marilyn are definitly a class act. I don't think there are alot of shops out there that give the type of service or respect you give your customers.

See you in April

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
David,

Maybe I'm glad I didn't go with you guys. It would of been a miserable two and half hour drive back to Fresno with the windows down. The feast that Mike, Andy and I had the night before kept me pretty stocked up. We're planning on visiting the place again, right after fishing.

Once again, thanks for hanging around all day and taking those great pictures.

Jay