PDA

View Full Version : Nevada County Bass

nathg
03-15-2005, 02:54 PM
I recall reading in a magazine (California Fly Fisher?) about a small bass/panfish lake or pond in Nevada County near Nevada City. It was a lake I had never heard of and it sounded interesting. It wasn't one of the big ones like Rollins/Collins/Bullards. After much searching I can't find the name of the lake/pond. Any info would be appreciated.

Darian
03-15-2005, 03:08 PM
You might need to be a little more specific. :? :? There're a number of lakes and/or ponds in Nevada County or in close proximity. Englebright, Bullards Bar, Merle Collins (Oregon House), Little Grass Valley Rsvrs, etc. There're many more small ponds in that area. :? :? :? Given the type of fishing do you want to do, it sounds like you might be interested in Collins or Bullards Bar Rsvrs..... 8) 8)

nathg
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks Darian, I am familiar with the lakes you mention and have fished most of them. What I recall reading was about pond that was accessible only by dirt road and I think it was off of Hwy. 20 near Nevada City. If you know of any other ponds in the area let me know :D

Hairstacker
03-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Could it be Rucker Lake you're searching for?

Darian
03-25-2005, 01:59 AM
nathg,.... I've kinda looked thru my back issues of Cal Fly Fisher and didn't see anything about ponds up there (....Probably jumped right over it :roll: ) There're two fly shops up that way that might know what you're looking for. The first is Nevada City Anglers in Nevada City and the second is located in Auburn off of I-80..... Seems like the name is Sierra Anglers or Sierra Fly Shop. (Wow, my memory is really gone :oops: :oops: )

Give 'em a call.....