PDA

View Full Version : Problems, and a suggestion...

LostInTheFog
03-14-2005, 02:39 PM
First the suggestion: Bill, as you will see in the problem I discuss below, this topic really has no place in the "General Fly Fishing" forum. However, it fits even less well into any of the other forums. Perhaps you could make an "Off-Topic" forum as a catch-all for this thread and others like it.

My problem: Is anybody else having problems with their computer remembering their login name and password? I've dinked around with all of the security and cookie settings I can think of or find, and still cannot get my work computer or my home computer to remember my login.

My apologies if this is a topic discussed elsewhere.

P.S. If you listen REAL HARD, you can hear the stripers coming!

Tony Buzolich
03-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I have to agree. This new format is most difficult and requires too much screening before going to an interesting topic.

Bill, if you could copy the style of board used on Dan Blanton's board or the NCFF Board, this would greatly enhance user participation. Just look at either of their numbers in user contributions.

I mean this with only the wish to help and improve your board and make it easier for everyone to use. If guys are already using one of these other boards frequently, and worldwide, it sure would be easier to chime in if it were the same format.
TONY

LostInTheFog
03-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I have to agree. This new format is most difficult and requires too much screening before going to an interesting topic.

Bill, if you could copy the style of board used on Dan Blanton's board or the NCFF Board, this would greatly enhance user participation. Just look at either of their numbers in user contributions.

Ooh... not my intention at all. I actually prefer this format, and the board's features, to Dan's.

All I'm asking for is a section not related to fly fishing at all: a section to address board problems, login problems, or any other topic which should not be a distraction to people seeking fly fishing info.

Thanks anyway, though, Tony.

David Lee
03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I love this format and think LITF is right .... we could use a "off-topic" area for troubleshooting questions and chatter . To each his own - David

Jay Murakoshi
03-14-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't mind this format at all. You can go to the topic and pick up where you left off.

Jay

LostInTheFog
03-14-2005, 06:30 PM
My problem: Is anybody else having problems with their computer remembering their login name and password? I've dinked around with all of the security and cookie settings I can think of or find, and still cannot get my work computer or my home computer to remember my login.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Steve Ekstrom
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
I reallylike this format, and I must say that Bill's is the most information-rich board on local fly fishing I've come across. Nothing fancy, no extraneous stuff, just helpful fly fishing information. Thanks Bill!

Hairstacker
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I really like this current format too, for the very reason Jay stated -- it is organized by section and by thread headings, so it's very easy to navigate around. I also really like the way it highlights posts you haven't read yet.

LITF -- I don't have it set for the computer to remember my login name and password, so I can't tell you whether I have your problem or not, sorry.

Eugene Graham
03-14-2005, 08:50 PM
If you are having problems keeping your machine logged on, it may be due to your browser having Cookies turned Off. If you need help getting Cookies turned on your machine, feel free to email me.

LostInTheFog
03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
If you are having problems keeping your machine logged on, it may be due to your browser having Cookies turned Off. If you need help getting Cookies turned on your machine, feel free to email me.

Thanks Eugene, but I'm certain I've got Cookies turned on. It was one of the first things I looked at. I've even got Kiene's domain set up as a trusted site. Any other ideas?

Gregg Machel
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
I would try temporarily setting security to "Low" just to test and see if it lets you save the credentials. Of course, close all browsers and then come back and see if it works. If it doesn't work, try and save settings again, and do it over one more time.

I had similar problems, and I tried this to see if it worked, and it did. How I solved it long term is set everything to default in my IE browser and it still continued to work.

Hope this helps.

Darian
03-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I, also, like the new format (adding my vote). It took a little getting used to but i found that I was able to address problems I've run into by sending an e-mail to Eugene. 8) Good service and a personal reply. Not sure i want the rest of the world knowing that I'm not a conmputer whizz. :lol:

As for the password concern, I'm not inclined to save a password on my computer for any function after making that mistake once and having it comprimised..... Password maintenance is very important to the long term health of your PC. 8) 8)

SullyTM
03-15-2005, 08:11 AM
So, in the new "off topic" post section will we discuss the best time to plant tomatoes? OK, it's early Tuesday AM.

Jgoding
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Lost,

I remember having it log me in automatically before but it seems to have quit and I never really did see why or if it would save the changes. I do remember it did log me in a few times though before it stopped.

Sully, I planted mine already.....hahaha..... seriously though, I did....

Jeff