PDA

View Full Version : Jay Murakoshi free on Saturday, March 19th.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Jay will be here at Kiene's Fly Shop from 10am till 4pm showing us how to tie really high class flies that run true and catch selective fish.

This will be a free event that you should not miss.

PS: You will learn more from this event than just fly tying.

http://www.kiene.com/images/jaym.jpg

Jay's web site

http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

David Lee
03-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Are there any board members that are going to see Jay on Saturday ?? Not that anyone needs to sign-up , I just thought we could go get some lunch and "catch up" (and pick Jay's mind for tying shortcuts :twisted: ) .

Just wonderin' out loud .... :roll: .... again - David

Gregg Machel
03-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I'll be there! :)

David Lee
03-16-2005, 12:53 AM
It'll be nice to meet ya !! David

Gregg Machel
03-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Should we set a time that we will be there for maybe a lunch of a trip to Starbucks across the street? 12:00 or 1:00 perhaps? Of course there are plenty of excuses to hang around the shop for a while too, no need to limit the time, but lunch is always a good place to start! :)

Any suggestions for a decent place to eat around the shop for lunch?

Jay Murakoshi
03-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Gregg,

Lunch and Starbucks both sound great

See you on Saturday

Jay

David Lee
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Across the street , there is the American River Brewerey (good food , good Beer , mid to high prices) and BoBo Cafe ("california/Viet" food , reasonable prices) .
And then there's Burger King ....... :roll: . David

Darian
03-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Just a note to thank Jay for appearing at Kiene's and sharing his knowledge/expertise/patience 8) 8) and to thank Bill and the staff at Kiene's for hosting the demo. :D :D

I, for one, had a great time (even bought something :shock: :shock: ) Met some great guys from the BB and had a good time in general. :D

Thanks, again, to everyone involved :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
I had a great time today tying flies and talking to everyone. Now I'm just trying to remember names to faces. We had floods here in Fresno today. Our street was about a foot under water and curb to curb. Almost had mud in the swimming pool again.
I can't wait until the FF fair. I will probably be tying up the "Golden lip" flies. and doing the premier showing of my latest bass fly called the
"Tiger Crank Fly". I'm still working out a few bugs in the body design.
These should be on the market later this year at a cost of $55.00 per fly.
As time goes on, the price will drop, sort of like cars, cameras and computers..... Nah, just kidding, don't think there is any future Crank flies on the horizon.

Jay

Gregg Machel
03-20-2005, 12:22 AM
I would also like to echo everyone's thanks and appreciation to both Jay and Kiene's Fly Shop. This was a great demo which we all benefited from. And yet, to finally meet some of the people on the board here was awesome!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-20-2005, 07:26 AM
I wish I could have been there.

Sounds like a great day for all.

Now we will have to schedule some KBB fish-outs?