PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Trip with Keith Kaneko

Gregg Machel
03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
I just got home from a day on the Yuba with Keith Kaneko and it was awesome! Keith took out me and my little boy (10 Years Old) and we caught fish all day long. I stopped counting at 8 fish around 10:30 AM, and if I had to estimate, we probably took in about 15-20 fish, and only missed a few. We caught a couple 19-20" Rainbows (one on a dry), and a bunch of 16"-18"ers. We got one Steelhead, and our last fish of the day was a sucker fish :( but it still put up a good fight. I'll have the pictures shortly, and possible an avatar to put under my name here too! :)

If any of you are considering a guide, I very highly recommend Keith! I saw a few othe guides out there, but it didn't look like they were catching anywhere near as many fish as we did. Keith was also really good with my litttle guy, extreamly good with kids for those out there that want to go out with the little guys.

Gregg Machel
03-14-2005, 12:44 AM
OK, I just got the pictures from Keith. I'll post one here, this is my son and I and one of the Rainbows that we caught on a dry fly.

http://westcoastdiscounters.com/images/gregg_yuba.jpg

Hairstacker
03-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Way to go Gregg!!! NICE fish and great to hear you had a great day with your son. I'll bet he loved every minute of it!! :D

nightgoat
03-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Nice fish Gregg!!! Sounds like a great day on the river. :D

Joe

k.hanley
03-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Say Hey Gregg,
Looks like you guys made some real memories. Terrific! I also beleieve Keith is a great guide. He's very focused on his client's experience and enjoys the successes of sharing this great adventure. Glad to hear it all came together for you folks.
Cheers, Ken

Adam Grace
03-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Nice fish Gregg and son! The Yuba is a fun river full of memorable trout.

My buddy Gregg and I fished with his Father and family friend Randy fished the Yuba on Saturday. Gregg's Father caught his first ever fly rod fish on the Yuba. The trout was smaller than that you beauty you guys are holding in the picture but still very memorable.

Here's the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/jimsfirstflytrout.jpg

Congratulation on the nice fish Gregg and son!