PDA

View Full Version : More Yuba

MSP
03-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Took the daughter to the "Y" this afternoon. As you can see by the photo it was very cold and windy, blustery one might say :D Well the fishing wasn't nearly as good as the weather. Managed this one and missed 4 others and a couple of LDR's. This is a secret spot so please don't tell anyone about where it is :lol: By the way El Rey all fish were on adult Skwallas. That's all I've been fishing for the last 3 weeks. Hope to meet up with you someday El Rey, seems we have a lot in common. I just saw your post on the other board and thought I would mention the fly.

http://www.flyfishnorcal.org/php-nuke/photopost45/data/500/285DSC00133.JPG

Hairstacker
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Mike, looks like you had a nice day to me! VERY nice fish! :D

Adam Grace
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Mike, WOW a fish picture with your whole body :lol:

I thought that you were just a hand. :lol:

Nice fish, I hope that I feel well enough to fish the Yuba over the weekend. Gregg kindly gave me his cold while traveling 5 hours back and forth from Oregon this past weekend. I will hopefully beat this stupid cold and catch some more fun, strong, healthy Yuba trout this weekend.

Nice picture :!:

Darian
03-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Mike,...... Don't suppose that wading in your shirt sleeves, bare legged in cold water in "blustery" conditions had anything to do with it do ya :?: :P :P :P The daytime temps up there were around 70 degrees. 8) 8)

Actually, your lament about weather conditions brings to mind a safety issue that is the subject of several articles I've read about experiencing hypo-thermia during apparent warm weather. Sorry if this sounds like I'm lecturing :oops: :oops: All it takes is something that acts as a heat sink (exposure) and a breeze. Your core temperature lowers and you could be in danger in a short period of time.

Like you, I like to wade without waders as often as possible, too. But as I get older, I'm not able to tolerate the combination of cold water/wind as well. :roll: Now, I reserve that for summer/fall fun.... 8) 8)

Jasonh
03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Mike, its nice to see you in a picture. Looks like another healthy Yuba river trout gorging itself on skwallas. Good work and keep up the reports.

Jason