PDA

View Full Version : Can an Excel graph be imported?

Langenbeck
03-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Would like to post an Excel graph of the last three years of winter run steelhead on the Rogue. Right now can't figure out how to do it. Is is possible?

Adam Grace
03-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Gordon, to post anything onto this board the image or graph must be a part of an existing website, you could then use the URL for whatever it is you wanted to show in the post.

I think :?

Langenbeck
03-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Adam, understand that what I post must have a URL from the web but since an excel graph is not in jpg/giif/bmp/etc format my real issue is how to get from excel to a recognized img format so it is accepted in something like Photo Bucket, etc.

BSD
03-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Here is a way that should be fairly easy.

Open the graph, hit the print screen button, then paste onto something like paint (on accessories if you are using microsoft os) and save it as bmp or whatever you like. Maybe not the best way, but it gets the job done.

I think you know how to go from there because I have seen your pictures posted many times.

Good Luck.

Darian
03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Hello Gordon,..... How about asking Eugene Graham :?: :?: (moderator for the BB) When I've encountered problems using the BB, I've sent him an E-mail note and received timely, helpful responses 8) 8) He's on the member listing.

Gregg Machel
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
What version of Excel do you have? Some have the option to save as HTML, then just post a link to it. If you need a temporary host, let me know. If you don't have the most current version of Excel, send me the file and I'll convert it for you.

Langenbeck
03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the help. Copied it to Paint and then was on my way. Have posted the successful graph in the steelhead section. :lol: