PDA

View Full Version : FlySwapper B.B.Q. this Friday , March 11th !!

David Lee
03-08-2005, 11:28 AM
THAT'S RIGHT !! Friday night , March 11th around 7:00-7:30 P.M. .... Please Email to let me know who's coming (and for directions) , also lemmy know what you want to bring (if ya wanna bring anything ...) . The Swappers that show-up will receive their flies here , the rest of you will get 'em in the mail (I'm putting them in Sat.) .
Hope this works for a few of you , MSP and SullyTM will have a standing raincheck for whenever they can make it .

Also , bring your camera and shave for photo opps - :twisted:

Hope Y'all make it , David

David Lee
03-11-2005, 11:41 AM
WOW !!! Looks like a MASSIVE turnout ! PM and Jgoding are in for more chow than they could possibly eat ....

I hope the rest of you are fishing in Mexico or dating Supermodels :roll:

I'm hittin' the A tomorrow for Stripes , and doing a pond w/ some youngsters (and Hairstacker) on Sunday - How's that for a fun weekend ??

Have a good one , fellas ! David

PatrickM
03-11-2005, 12:59 PM
More beer for us!

David Lee
03-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Ain't that true ....
Jeff is bringin' his lovely w/ him , too . Are ya driving home tonite , or headed to the east ?? If need be , I have a futon for you .

By the way .... are you bringing any of Scotland's national beverage ???
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
See ya this evening , David

PatrickM
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I was planning on heading home, but I have a funny feeling that I'll probably end up on the futon. I have some corn-on-the-cob for the barby, and I'll bring some of the nectar too.

David Lee
03-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Bring your wading stuff , licence , and 6 wt. - I'm hitting the A. for Stripes/Steelhead in the morning and you might as well come along since you're up here (don't worry .... I'll cut us off before we hurt ourselves too badly :twisted: ....) . See ya ! David

Terry Thomas
03-11-2005, 03:58 PM
David,
Sorry, cannot make it. Thanks for putting together the first swap.
Terry

David Lee
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Terry - the pleasure was mine !! I hope to do it again later this year (next swap is still open , by the way ...) . Sorry you couldn't be w/ us tonight , let's set up a raincheck BBQ soon . Regards , David

Adam Grace
03-12-2005, 10:40 AM
I had fun at your place last night David. Thanks to you and your wife for the invite. It was great to meet a couple other board guys, PM and Jgoding and his girlfriend/wife Kristin.

It is nice to get togther with people you correspond with over a bulletin board.

I hope you guys catch some fish toay on the American.

P.S. the swap flies looked good, I will be copying some of those bugs soon.

David Lee
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
A quick review of the BBQ ....

Adam , Jgoding (and Kristen) , and PM showed up , as well as an old family friend . My wife Candida and I had a FANTASTIC time with you all !! I can't remember the last time we had such nice guests and so much fun - you bunch are welcome back ANYTIME !!

PM and I hit the American around 2:30 p.m. on Sat. (we had a "Wee-Dram" or 15 and didn't get to bed 'till 5:00 A.M. :roll: ) and found the river jumpin' !! A total of FOUR Steelies hooked (skunk is off now !) , none over about 4 lbs. - hot fly was a #6 Whits Deep Sheep Shad on the swing .

BEWARE - a LOT of gang activity @ Glen Hall park , bring your favorite firearm and a friend when you go ..... 15-20 hoodlums screaming racial curses thru the parking lot and looking for trouble , you couldn't get a WORTHLESS Sacramento police officer down there for free doughnuts ....please be careful and carry a cell phone and a means to defend yourself .

The flow was at 4000 CFS and the temps were in the low 50s -

Thanks again to all who showed up , we'll start planning the next Q soon !! David

PatrickM
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
David, many thanks for the great food and hospitality on Friday. It was fun hanging out and getting to meet a few guys from the board. I had a good time watching you catch fish on Saturday, too! It was very educational to watch someone who knows what they're doing with a shooting head. Hope to do it again some time soon (but maybe without staying up until 5am drinking scotch).

Adam Grace
03-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I posted a thank you on another thread but here it is again. David thanks for hosting the first swap and for hosting the BBQ. I enjoyed myself, Gregg would have liked to make it but he had to work.

Thanks again Gregg

Hairstacker
03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Well Patrick, if I had been up until 5 a.m. drinking Scotch, I probably wouldn't have caught much either. In fact, I probably would have been sleeping in a puddle somewhere next to the river. :lol: