PDA

View Full Version : Minolta question

Moose
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyone have Minolta experience/info? I have a 35mm Minolta AF and a couple nice AF (auto focus) lenses. Wondering if they make a decent digital that will accept the lenses I already have.

Jay Murakoshi
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Minolta just came out with a new digital that the AF lenses fit. It's the Minolta 7D. Lot's of bells and whistles I purchased it in January. I'm still shooting both slide film and digital. Just order another lens for the digital so I won't have to keep changing lenses.

If you want more info, I'll try to help you out

Jay

Moose
03-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks Jay. I just did a search on that model and found the cameras to be around $1500, way too steep. I think I'll wait until the price comes way down on that one (as they always do) and find an inexpensive camera for everyay use until then. That's a good 3 times what I paid for my Maxxum AF 35mm. Ouch!

Jay Murakoshi
03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
They are pretty pricy but that's what happens when the new toys come out. I'm sure by Christmas they will drop.
I'm pleased with what my camera does, except there's more to learn. I just set it on auto and let the camera do it's thing

jay

Eugene Graham
03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Even though I am a Canon user myself, I am impressed with the Maxxum 7D. One thing that Minolta has that nobody else is "Anti Shake" built into the camera. To get Anti shake with either Nikon or Canon, you have to buy a special (more expensive) lens that has it built in. This anti shake will help take sharper photos if you are on a boat. Hopefully buy next year at this time (The big PMA Photo Show where all of the camera announcements are made) Minolta might make a consumer grade DSLR that will compete the the Consumer Canon Digital Rebel / Rebel XT and the Nikon D70 ($900-$1000 range).