PDA

View Full Version : Bald eagle on the river Y

andanb
03-07-2005, 10:30 AM
It was cool! I saw the eagle just at sunrise just above the highway 20 bridge. It was flying down the canyon pretty low. This was the first Bald eagle I have seen in the wild except for in Maine. Fishing was slow but the eagle and the wild flowers made it a great day!

Darian
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
WOW :!: :!: A Bald Eagle on the Yuba.... 8) What a beautiful flyer. They must be doing well in CA, now. Late last spring, I saw one at Red Lake, fishing..... Don't think I'll ever forget it. 8) 8)

Rob
03-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Those Eagles are so 8) cool.Some times when the Salmon are running up the Yuba you can see 3-4 Eagles a day .A young bold Eagle has been down river from the bridge the last two times we fished the Yuba. The young Eagles do not get the white head or tail feathers until they are a few years old. The one down river is this way. It has white spots mixed in with the grey and brown. When they fly over there is no way to mistake them for any other bird.They are HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Take care
-Rob

Digger
03-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I see a few up in the Klamath now and then and I just read an article that says quite a few winter in the Cache Creek area also.

MSP
03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Cool, the house we're having built backs right up to the wildlife preserve on Cache Creek just west of Woodland. Looking for a spotting scope to check out the wildlife. Bald Eagles would be a treat.