PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Report

Jgoding
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi guys!,

I finally made it out for the year. Helped the parents move some stuff into their home up on the Trinity in Lewiston. Fished the opened section of the river briefly Sat and Sun. It was pretty slow, no fish rising even though there was a good hatch of March browns, another larger mayfly (grey, mottled, really big flat head), and some misc. caddis. Then again, judging from the amount of caddis on the rocks, the fish don't have to work hard for food at all so maybe chasing some stuff on the surface was just too much work for them...

Water was low but cold, saw some steelhead still in the river still. Managed a few dinks in some side streams though but the best part was checking out the hatchery and the fish ladder at the dam. Had a fair amount of steelies at the top of the ladder just itching to get in. Lots of large fish too, real beauties....

The riffles below the damn were just crawling with fish too. Still a few salmon swimming around (but just barely.....) Lots of fish jumping and rolling, very cool to watch...

David Lee
03-07-2005, 10:34 AM
YOU WENT FISHING ??!!???
Wow ....keep that up , and you might even catch something :roll: !
Anything I can do to shame/trick/browbeat you into going out more often will be done .... David PS - how'd the gummy-minnow fail ?? :twisted:

Jgoding
03-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Ha hahaha!! The gummy minnows must've fallen out of my fly box before I packed them....

Maybe I should've thrown a Bead Headed Olive Crystal Bugger!!!! I'm all ready to hit the A this weekend tho!! See what's rising up by Goethe I think. I did like my new Legend Elite too!!

Jeff