PDA

View Full Version : Flyfishing quiz

LostInTheFog
03-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Found this link while browsing another board: http://flyanglersonline.com/lighterside/part169.html

Don't worry, Bill: you're still my favorite. :lol:

David Lee
03-04-2005, 02:24 PM
When I was a kid , my father subscribed to the "big three" hook and bullet mags . I never quite understood Ed Zern untill I was in my 20s , then his gentle humor became clear .
Ed was a very bright guy and I don't think we'll see another Writer like him again .
The world is a worse place without him in it - David

Hairstacker
03-04-2005, 02:50 PM
David, I wholeheartedly agree. I read Zern's back page articles for years and I thought he was one of THE wittiest outdoor writers around. I loved his work, GREAT stuff.

Darian
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Ed Zern was, also, a favorite of mine. :D Recently I discovered another outdoor humorist that I really enjoy..... :D Anyone ever read Patrick McManus :?: :?: 8) 8) I've read most of his paperbacks and really find myself laughing out loud. :D :D Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyhting new form him. So, I've been wondering if he's still with us..... :?

Hairstacker
03-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Yep, read Patrick McManus' column for years too, another favorite. Him and his adventures with Retch Sweeney and Rancid Crabtree -- priceless! :D

David Lee
03-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Don't forget his childhood girlfriend - Olga Bonemarrow

I laugh myself dingy everytime I say that name :wink: . David

Darian
03-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Wait just a minute here :!: :shock: You mean to say Olga was seeing him, too :?: :?: ........Oh...... nevermind..... :lol: :lol: