PDA

View Full Version : World record Largemouth on a fly !!!!!

David Lee
03-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone - check out Dan Blanton's board .... A fella caught a Largemouth Bass on a Whistler that went NEARLY !8 LBS. !!!!!! I guess the fish was released (thank you !) and won't make the books BUT - a once-in-a-lifetime catch none the less .

17+ lbs. is one hell of a nice Bass !! I hope to see the photos soon , keep y'all up to date . David

HC
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Those Florida strain bass are growing big in the Delta. Anyone have a good catfish pattern they want to share, hee hee. I wonder how the IFGA views a potential record fish that has recently swallowed another smaller fish, with a tail sticking out the mouth. Is it one fish or two? Anyone know what the rules are in cases like this? I am sure there is some. Anyway that is a Monster Mommy bass to be sure, and I wonder what the " Sac/Sanj Delta Record" LMB is curently. HC

Hairstacker
03-03-2005, 09:40 PM
That fish is a MONSTER!!! :shock: Definitely another once in a lifetime fish, just like David Lee's striper. And to think they're both still lurking out there. . . . 8) 8) 8)

HC
03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.ncbf.com./dotcom/photos/showphoto.shtml?935.shtml

David Lee
03-03-2005, 11:08 PM
If there's one thing I've learned about fishing , it's BE PREPARED !! You NEVER know when that "fish of a lifetime" is gonna eat your fly . On any given body of water we fish , there are a few surprises out there .... never drop your guard :o !!

Joe and Mike should be proud of that release - most would have killed that fish for a fleeting bit of history . Guys like that are true Sportsmen :!: David

SullyTM
03-04-2005, 07:46 AM
David's posts reminded me of a very funny book by Carl Hiassen, 'DOUBLE WHAMMY'...The focus is around a Bass tournament in Florida. It's a quick read and the character, "Skink" makes you think about why we do what we do...Check it out when the flows are up! Thom

David Lee
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
This is a nice change ! Most people compare me to characters from cartoons or nightmares ...... :twisted: :twisted: . David

SullyTM
03-04-2005, 03:41 PM
David...David...The character "Skink" is an ex-govenor of Florida who walked away from the job because of all the coruption. He travels the backroads and Everglades living off of road kill while maintaining a 1,000 watt smile, protecting the vanishing environment from the panhandle to the Keys...If this is you then maybe there is some truth in fiction?! Thom

Hairstacker
03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Yep, that could be David, except he would be living off of fish rather than road kill. David has a very nice smile but "the 1000 watt smile" reminds me of Adam. :D

David Lee
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
That depends on whether or not the road-kill is fresh . I am not foolish enough to run for office , done way too many subversive things in this life :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Adam DOES smile a lot .... he's also very clean when the photos are taken . Could it be that he actually SHAVES before a trip ?!?

Perish the thought ...... David

Hairstacker
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
David, Adam shaves before fishing? TELL me it isn't so. . . . :shock: On the other hand, maybe he's looking to hook up with a young fly fisherwoman, you know, one he can send out to scout for fish? One who would LOVE to honeymoon in western Montana? Etc., etc. :D

David Lee
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I think its true , Mike ....
Funny thing , in my youth , I used to find an unbelievable amount of Nubile Lovely creatures in the bush ... I still don't know what they were doing out there (lookin' for Adam ??) .
Ahhhh , well - what can ya do ?? David

Adam Grace
03-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I hope they are looking for me, I'm still lookin for them.

I have to confess, sometimes I do shave before I fish.

I gotta look GOOD for my pictures :D

You guys crack me up :lol:

Darian
03-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Adam,..... You might be lookin' for love in all the wrong places :P :P

Hey everyone,...... here's one for us to ponder :? :? Does shaving before going fishing contribute to catching more fish :?: :?: (I was going to say, ....make you more successfull but that implies something entirely different :twisted: :twisted: )

Maybe that should be an entry in our trip logs :?: Then we would know for sure :P :P

Hairstacker
03-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Darian, actually, I think you might be on to something there. Not necessarily the shaving part, but how you prepare in other ways. For example, I ALWAYS try to fill up the car with gasoline the night before a road trip so that I don't end up with the smell of gasoline on my hands on the way to fish. Don't know how much of a difference it makes but I've done so ever since I read a study that concluded that the fisherman in the boat tending the outboard tended to catch fewer fish than his partner who stayed away from the gas and oil residue, etc. Makes sense and something else to think about. . . .