PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Report

MSP
03-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Fished the "Y" yesterday and today. Yesterday the water clarity was only around 12" - 15" and did not even get bit. Today it was quite a bit better probably 2' - 2 1/2'. Lots of Skwallas in the willows and drifting down the river at times. Landed 3 fish, lost 2 and should have had a couple more. All fish came on Skwalla dries. Nice day, got to wet wade agian. Gotta get ready for those 100 degree days. Did see a few March Browns but not many. A few PMD's and BWO's but not many. The fish I saw rise were suckers for the Skwalla.

Adam Grace
03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Skwalla dry fly fishing is very fun :!:

Glad to hear that you caught some with a Skwalla dry.

Hairstacker
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey Mike, sounds like you had a GREAT day today, good for you! :D Nothing like a successful day to confirm you're doing things right. That's how I always feel about it anyway, ha. And all on dries, very cool! 8)

MSP
03-01-2005, 11:43 PM
I was going to post some pictures but the pix Adam posted make mine look kinda Ho Hum. Hard getting good photos by yourself. They all look the same in the water or in the other hand releasing them.

BTW: Adam, looked like you had a great weekend. Nice job! Jason should be in town tomorrow, hopefully we can all hook up and get out on a river for a few hours.

Adam Grace
03-01-2005, 11:56 PM
MSP, don't stop taking your pictures. Seeing your hand holding the fish allows me to dream that your hand is mine and that I caught that fish.

Keep posting pictures, they are great.

I would like to go out and fish with you guys. Gregg and I are going to be fishing in Oregon with local guide Gino Bernero this next weekend. Maybe some time before work on monday or something.

Hairstacker
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah Mike, I'm in full agreement with Adam: please post your pictures! Absolutely nothing wrong with a hand holding a fish on the water in my opinion, I like 'em just the same.