PDA

View Full Version : Folsom lake today -

David Lee
02-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Howdy , fellas !
I'm headed out tubing @ Horseshoe in about an hour , report to follow (tho I don't expect much with this blue sky after a front :cry: ) .

Better than havin' the "cabin Nuttys" ..... David :P

David Lee
02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Fished from 12:30 to 5:30 , covered Horseshoe to Rattlesnake Bar and back . Depth covered from 4 feet to 20+feet .

Not a single touch .

I will be fishing inside the American river hatcherey tomorrow to try to save what little grip I have left . Kill me , please . David

Hairstacker
02-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry to laugh David, but that grip thing was too funny! :lol: IF you can hang on, just remember, spring is just around the corner. . . . :D

SullyTM
03-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi David...What type of float tube do you use? In fact, why not give me(and others) your tube makeover...I've been interested in getting a tube for over a year...Good luck on the American. Thom

David Lee
03-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Mike - I'm not even depressed about it anymore ..... It's just weird .

Thom - I have 2 Trouttraps I got on Ebay (new , in the box) for next to no money . one is a Pro 350 ( nice , but it has a MAJOR design flaw ) and a Alpine (got it for my wife , but my main tube this winter) . There are a bunch of really good tubes/pontoon boats out there , you won't have any trouble finding one that you like . David

SullyTM
03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks David...Hopefully, tubes comes with a "Cold One" holder. Enjoy your fishing. Thom

David Lee
03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Two things I forgot to mention ....

#1 - there was a friggin' jet-skier out in a wetsuit !! What some people won't do for fun (like us , freezin' while Steelheading ...) .

#2 - While I was waiting for my wife at the end of Horseshoe Bar road , right at dusk , what comes walking across the road in front of me (maybe 120 feet away) ???? - The BIGGEST BOBCAT I've ever seen !! I thought it was a dog at first .... then , I saw it didn't have a tail and did have tuffed ears ! The Bobcat was maybe 30 lbs. - about the size of my little Border Collie Sasha !
The Bobcat had "light" markings ....lighter than the only other one I've ever seen (Los Banos Res. in 1978) , it stopped when I whistled at it , and stood for a moment watching me . After it took off into the brush , I gathered my gear and walked up the road to the first houses - I didn't think my Fenwick 7 wt. was enough rod to fend off the little bugger if it got curious ....

What a treat !! David