PDA

View Full Version : Yuba take Out?

Tony Buzolich
02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Okey, you've got my curiousity up about the Yuba. I cross over it frequently and see lots of guides putting their driftboats in at the Hwy.20 bridge, but, where do most of you guys take your boats out? Sycamore Ranch? Farther down?

I'd like to try drifting it but that doesn't seem like much distance to cover. What about Daguerre Dam? Is it possible to go around that and fish the whole river down to the mouth?

Thanks for the help, TONY

rrivera
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Hey Tony,

From what I understand from my drifting experiences with guides. Is that the Hwy 20 put in and the Sycamore Ranch take out, is the only public float allowed.

The rest of the waters mentioned are private access w/ certain club or property owners permission. You'll first talk, if needed, to the Sycamore Ranch folks to schedule shuttle services from hwy 20 to the ranch take out.

That piece of water offers some great fishing. There are 2 technical pools, Good swing water, and plenty of nymphing water, as well as casting dries.

I beleive the float distance is about 5 to 6 miles. But others will chime in with even more specifics. Tight lines..!! Ray

DonCooksey
02-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Tony:

I agree with Ray. There is plenty of good fishing along that stretch to occupy you for more than a full day of fishing. I wished I had two or three days to cover it all when Mike Bias took me down there on Feb 7 from sunrise to dark. I could have spent several hours at each of several of those pools and great runs.