PDA

View Full Version : Feb. swap flies are due soon ....

David Lee
02-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Please make sure they get done and into the mail . The quicker they get here , the quicker I divy them up and get your boxes back to you (so you can gaze upon their beauty and feed them to the fish ...) .

I'm open to suggestions as to where the extra box goes , so chime in here - thanks to all who took part in this event (you're good eggs) and I hope you all enjoyed the swap !! David

SullyTM
02-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi David...The extras could go to you since you started this madness...Or a donation to any youth fly fishing group? Does one exist is your neck of the woods...Or put them on display at Bill's shop if he'd have them? Thanks.

David Lee
02-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi SullyTM , glad you're on the mend (being sick BITES-)

I was thinking of donating the box to a worthy cause .... FFF fundraiser , or Save the American River fundraiser or a youth group . We'll sort it out pretty quick . See ya 'round !! David

PatrickM
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
David, I just read a post on the NCFFB by a woman who recently started a fly-tying club for youths. I think that would be a worthy group to donate the flies to. She posts under the name of "ranchwife" and the post is still on there if you want to check it out.

Adam Grace
02-24-2005, 02:20 AM
David, I sent Gregg's and my swap flies off today. Yesterday was holiday, maybe that was monday, anyway our flies are in the mail, really :lol:

Thanks to all who participated :!:

I look forward to receiving my collection.

Jasonh
02-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Just finifshed my flies last night and are will be in the mail today. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses flies.

Jason

SullyTM
02-24-2005, 08:35 AM
David...I didn't submit any tying instructions with my Ammonite Nymph, however, after everyone receives their flies I am willing to send instructions to those who want them. Just pm me. I changed some things on my design from the working model I was following. This swap monster is still growing! Thank you.

Hairstacker
02-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, the flies are in the mail, will go out today according to the post office schedule. Whew, glad THAT's over with, ha. I didn't include instructions, as I can't imagine anyone wanting to tie these $#@% things but I will happily write some up if anyone of a masochistic bent is interested. As an aside, it was fun in the sense that I only had a picture and list of materials I found online without tying instructions, so I had to figure out how to tie them. What I didn't anticipate was how many flies it would take to start to get a clue, ha. If anyone wants to try, I have a lot of lessons learned so feel free to ask. And don't laugh when you see them. :lol: