PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryesa

Darian
02-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone,..... Got a report on Lake Berryesa from one of my Bass fishin' friends. 8) He says that on Saturday, he had some good luck on Smallmouth in shallow water just a short trip (15 min.) from the dock. Apparently, the fishing was consistent and it didn't start to rain hard until late afternoon .....

Formula for a good day 8) 8)

Ryan
02-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the report Darian. I just fished putah after school today and when I got up there, I noticed I left my fly box at home, so I almost went to berryessa to throw some streamers, but I decided not to, and I fished putah with some crappy nymphs left in my bass bug box for blue gills. I hooked one fish in the chocolate water, but it got off...

So where exactly in Berryessa did your friend get his fish, and what kind of fly was he using... I have never figured Berryessa out 100%, just a few fish here and there. Thanks again for the report.

Darian
02-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Ryan,..... Sorry to hear about your luck in Putah Cr. I've left my flies, etc., inadvertantly, as well. :lol: Don't feel to bad about it. 8)

My buddy is a gear guy (no flies). Fishes froma Bass Boat. He was split shotting in water from 10' to 3' outside "the narrows" past Markeley Cove. He said the fish were in the shallower water. That follows as this is the pre-spawn period for BB. 8) 8)

Should be some Crappie in there as well. 8) 8)