PDA

View Full Version : MARCH FLY SWAP!! Double Whammy......

Jgoding
02-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone.... Hope the Feb. Swap is going well. I'm hosting the March swap and some questions have come up already so I'm throwing this out.

Going to be a 2-fly swap, so hope it's not too much trouble. I think we have about 4 people who are thinking about it already and more are always welcome. I think the cut off will be around 13-15 people. If you think this is too high for a 2 pattern swap let me know.

Patterns.... I was thinking a Crawdad/Sculpin swap and it was pointed out that caddis might be a good idea right now so I'm throwing them both together..... submit a Crawdad or Sculpin along with a caddis pattern!! I'm going for a Sculpin/caddis pupa..

Let me know what you think and check out the other updates..

Jeff

Terry Thomas
02-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Are we talking two dozen flies: one of each?
Terry

Hairstacker
02-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Terry, if the last swap is any example, it'll be one fly of each pattern times the number of swappers, plus one of each pattern for a good cause. So, if, heaven forbid, 15 people sign up, we're talking 32 flies. :shock:

Adam Grace
02-18-2005, 08:39 PM
I think that one pattern at a time is better. I like both ideas of crawdad/scuplin and a caddis pupa pattern. I would like to see only one style/pattern per swap. That way there is less to pressure to tie up a lot of flies at once. I like to tie flies and I tie up a lot of different patterns but 12-15 of one single fly gets a little boring.

I am up for another swap but one patterns suites me better.

Thanks for getting another swap going.

Darian
02-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm in agreement with Adam on this..... 8) I would prefer a single pattern and the crawdad/sculpin pattern(s) suit me better as well..... :D :D

Hairstacker
02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Adam, I feel the same way but was too wimpy to speak up. :D

Gregg Machel
02-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Count me in on this one. I'm relatively new with this, but I'm a quick learner! One pattern would be my first choice too.

Jgoding
02-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I was trying to be accomodating that's all. I would rather be a one fly man myself.... so we'll go with the 'dad and sculpin swap then.

Thanks for the input guys. Hairstacker..... don't be so intimidated..... LoL!!! J/k btw....

Jeff

Brian
02-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't know how to tie a sculpin that anyone would like so tying 1 pattern is my preference if possible as I would like to start in on the Fly Swaps also. post up a reply so we can start tying up some patterns. I'll be in Florida searching out snook, redfish, and whatnot the first 2 weeks of march so the sooner I start the better or I'll wait till the next swap. How about a generic sierra swap next? I can say that I can't wait till April to fish the upper Silver Fork. I hooked so many nice fish on my Princes that I started to think that they actually matched something. enough beer induced rambling, SWAP-ON!

Darian
02-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Hi Bryan,..... Liked the ending on your post 8) 8)

See you're a bit apprehensive about tying a sculpin pattern. How about a crawdad :?: :?: On either type pattern, something scruffy is probably usefull. Ever seen a crawdad pattern tied by Kelly Galloup :?: :?: Takes a lot of imagination to see it out of the water :? :lol: Very effective tho. 8)

None of us are experts. Just good enough to catch a fish on occasion... :D

PatrickM
02-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm a slow tier, so I agree with tying one fly only each swap. Tying thirteen sculpins will definately keep me off the streets for a while. :)
Count me in for the sculpin swap.

Jgoding
02-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey guys,

It's a sculpin or crawdad swap (tie one or the other), and I'll send an update later today on who is in already.

Jeff

Hairstacker
02-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey Jeff! Count me in, thanks!