PDA

View Full Version : The clock is ticking ....

David Lee
02-16-2005, 11:14 PM
That's right !! Stripe is cold , dumb , and hungry - If you all can drag yourselves away from the Steelhead , you might have a shot at the first Bass of the year !
I LOVE March .... stupid fish are the BEST !! Also , nobody's hoggin' your spots and spookin' the water .
So ..... sharpen those hooks , mind those knots , and think ahead - it's time NOW - David

Remember , the magic number is 56 - when the water hits that temp. , get out and fish !!!

Darian
02-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone,..... One of the things we can do to prepare is tie some of those Rainbow Clousers, or half&halfs, that Adam posted in his photo. That flie shoud produce quite well around here. 8) 8)

David Lee
03-01-2005, 06:36 PM
This last Saturday , on the Feather , a 58 lb. , 2 oz. Stripe was caught (and sadly killed) . I think it's safe to say the run has started . Go get 'em !! David

Adam Grace
03-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Go getum David :!:

After this upcoming weekend I believe my wrist shall be broken or worse after catching large Oregon steelhead with local guide Gino Bernero and my fishing buddy Gregg.

I will let you chase those stripers for the both of us until I feel I can comfortably chuck the lead core or T-14.

NCS
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
That 58+ fish is huge! I wish people would learn to release the big females unharmed :evil: !! I just read a recent report (Western Outdoor News) that the Feather river hatchery just released a bunch juvenile steelhead into the system. A substantial population of stripers are gorging on the steelies. Anybody have any good recipes for trout imitations? Tight lines
Nick

David Lee
03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Adam - I hope you and Gregg get sore hands from releasing all those big ones .

NCS - I'm with you , no point in killing a big spawner . Any fly you throw at Stripe will do o.k. , you don't need to match the hatch too often . A very good Rainbow immitation is the Striper Caviar .... Maybe the guys will post a photo of it for ya . Welcome to the board ! David

NCS
03-03-2005, 12:13 PM
DJL Thanks for the info...I'll see what the web has to offer on caviar recipes!
Nick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-05-2005, 06:12 AM
March is a transitional month for Stripers but April is real big so get ready.

Big schools will be heading north up the lower American, lower Feather and mostly the Sacramento around Colusa where most of them spawn in May.

The Striper fishing is already picking up for Andy Guibord.