PDA

View Full Version : An official "Hello" and an invitation!

Michelle
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi fellow fishermen (and women). Bill, thank you for the invite to post on your Board. I see a few familiar "faces" from the NCFFB here. My name's Michelle, and I live in FAR northern California in Shingletown. I fish like a mad person and have a definite fixation on small things (OTHER than the fish I usually catch!), leading me to realize over the past several years just how little I know about entomology. Nevertheless I really love fishing and love bugs; if the fishing's not great, I have a ready-made excuse to stop and crawl around in the muck with my seine net looking for nymphs. I invite you all to have a look through my collection of critters (at the link below), see if you recognize any from your own "home waters," and stop and say hi if you see me crawling about at the water's edge hauling a big Nikon! Tight lines!

Michelle

http://www.pbase.com/michellemahood/real_bugs

Eugene Graham
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Michelle,
Great looking macros. Thanks for sharing with us.

What Nikon are you using?

Eugene Graham

Hairstacker
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Michelle, welcome to the Board! I have seen your photography on the NCFFB and it is a real treat to have you here as well. I urge everyone to go to Michelle's profile and click on the link to Michelle's photos -- simply AWESOME!!! I hope to see many more photos from you on this Board. Again, welcome!!!

Adam Grace
02-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Michelle, Awesome shots :!:

I am extremely jealous. Very clean pictures and a very nice variety.

My camera has a cool "little" macro feature but nothing like yours.

What do you shoot with :?:

Once again very impressive :!:

Thank you very much for for posting on our board.

I look forward to more pictures and posts from you.

David Lee
02-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Michelle's bug shots are , IMO , the best out there . Welcome , and thanks for sharing !! David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Thanks Michelle

We really appreciate your contribution to the sport.

Michelle
02-16-2005, 06:30 AM
I shot most of the macros with a pretty humble little Nikon Coolpix 880 -- a 3.35 megapixel mini that was easy to lug around, now that I look back fondly on those days.... I briefly owned an 8700 but caved in to camera lust when I held a Nikon D70 in my hands (HUGE mistake to pretend to just be "trying it out")! I have a Nikkor 105mm f2.8 lens for the D70 which gets me in really close. Sometimes, though, I still break out the trusty old 880, such as last Sunday when I fished all day in the rain and hid the little camera under half a dozen layers of clothing -- something you cannot get away with when carrying the big glass. Anway, thanks, all, for the welcome; please put a bookmark on the bugs and fishing albums and check back often as I add to them frequently!

Cheers,

Michelle