PDA

View Full Version : Good spey casting videos

Adam Grace
02-09-2005, 10:34 PM
What is your favorite spey casting video?

I like the "International Spey Catsing" video by Rio.

The New video from the Sandy River Spey Clave; "Spey Casting Secrets" is also nice.

The video from the Hazels has good content but the ladies voice makes the paint peel off of the walls. Most customers can't stand her voice while the video is playing in the shop. :lol:

Again, What is your favorite spey video?

Rick J
02-10-2005, 08:11 AM
My favorite is Derek Brown's - I think this is the best spey video out there though followed closely by the Rio International tape. I agree, the Sandy video has some good stuff. Would like to see some of the newer tapes that have come out that talk more to short line techniques.

Although I really like Mel's beginning and advanced tape on single handed rods I do not care for his spey tape.

Moose
02-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I just recently got Henrik Mortensens "The Perfect Cast" and it is great, especially if you like or wish to understand the underhand style. I really love Dec Hogans "Modern Spey casting" for it's great video footage with good slow motion clips. Showing the same casts in repetition helps a lot in identifying the nuances of the casting stroke. Also gotta give a nod to the Sandy clave video for it's wide variety of demonstrators and ideas.

Terry Thomas
02-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I also like the Dec Hogan DVD. My favorite part is how he actually "fishes" with a spey outfit. Learning to cast is one thing, knowing how to fish a fly is quite another thing.