PDA

View Full Version : New Spey Rods

Adam Grace
02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
There are many new spey rods for the 2005 season. Loomis has the largest selection of spey rods that I have ever seen. Loomis has introduced 20 or so new spey rods. Loomis offers three different styles; the dredger,the stinger and the greased line. SAGE has introduced their new fast action TCR spey rods. Scott introduced their new LS2 spey rods as well. Gary Anderson will also have his affordable spey rods there too.

There are many different models of spey rods available now. Most of them should be available to cast at the San Rafael Fly Fishing Show Feb 18th - 20th. The pond behind the exhibition hall has a dock that allows for multi-directional spey casts.

I know that I will spend quite a bit of time casting as many of these new rods as I can. I need to learn more about them to be more effective as a shop employee and spey enthousiast.

I hope some of you guys will also take the opportunity to try a couple of these new rods and send a message to the rod manufacturers, a message that spey fishing IS growing. Then they will hopefully continue to develope newer and better spey equipment. Not that the current equipment is bad, but improvements are always nice. Take for example the change from graphite to bamboo.

I hope to see some of you at the San Rafael Show.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Keith and I got to see Gary Anderson's new 3 and 4 weight Spey rods. I think they were around 12'+ and were unreal.........

They will be at the San Rafael Fly Fishing Show in a few weeks.

They will be at our Expo on April 23, Saturday too.

Oh so light...........

Rick J
02-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Lets hope the weather cooperates for the SR show so we can get out on the lake and play with these new rods. The Anderson light rods sound really cool!! I plan to be down there on Sat and will bring a number of my reels with both xlt's and deltas if anyone is interested.