PDA

View Full Version : The Fly Fishing Show at San Rafael, California

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - February 18, 19 & 20, 2005

Details on their web site:

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/marin.html

This is fly fishing only and it is the top show we have in our area.

Don't miss it.

Adam Grace
02-06-2005, 11:47 AM
The San Rafael Show is awesome. Fly fising only is great :!:

You should all go check out the show.

Support this fly fishing show to ensure that it stays around for a while.

Rick J
02-08-2005, 07:56 AM
This show is great as it has a lake to practice casting - much easier than the narrow casting ponds they set up at the other shows plus for those who like to play around with spey rods - the lake makes this a very nice venue

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Keith Kaneko and I will be going on Saturday now so I hope to see some of you down there.

k.hanley
02-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Jay and I just got back from the Seattle Show. Excellent stuff! We're looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend at San Rafael. Be sure to stop by our tying stations and say "Hi." Plus we have seminars going every day as well.
Cheers, Ken

rrivera
02-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I will be there to get my new toy, my new Hyde drift boat..!! Can't wait to start drifting the rivers I've only been able to walk and wade on. I'll be there Saturday.

Look for the fire plug built guy with a big :D

Jay Murakoshi
02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
I think my partner Ken has jet lag... The show is this weekend not next weekend. Remember, the show this year is going to only be in the one building, so have patience. This will be the true test... there were some exhibitors that didn't like the split buildings because it made the crowds to thin, so this weekend will be the test. You'll be able to find us at the tables, just look for the llama hair drifting around. I will be making the brushes and tying up some llama hair flies. I will also be doing the others such as the sea habit and some surf patterns. For those of you interested, I will have my laptop with my Australian power point program.
Hey partner, where are you going to put your tying materials. Next weekend we wil be in southern cal in the Ontario area.

Seattle was a great show

Jay

PS Dont forget the Hall of Fame induction for Ken Hanley on Saturday night. This is going to be a great event.

Gregg Machel
02-15-2005, 12:35 AM
I am planning on going on Sunday and I'll bring my little guy too. I just saw that Bob Jacklin will be there too, he's my son's fly fishing hero.

-Gregg

Jay Murakoshi
02-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Hey Gregg,

Bob is a great person. I met him years ago when he was doing the ISE shows. He tied 3 stone flies for me one year, which I still have them in the box.
You know, I think it's important to go and see such people as AK Best, Joe Humphries, Bob Jacklin, etc... whenever you can. These personalities are the hub of the fly fishing world. They are the ones who started us off on this journey. You know, we talk about this alot during breakfast. You might want to know, I think this will be Joe Humphries last season doing the show circuit. Heck mentioned to us during breakfast that he's starting to get old (80's), and want's to slow down and stay around home close to family. Hey, there are many times I feel like 80 and move like 80 but I'm still a spring chicken at 58.

Well drop by the tying table and say "HI" or if you get tired, sit in our Salt water Fly Fishing Australia to California slide show.

See ya there

Jay

Gregg Machel
02-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I'll drop by for sure and introduce myself at the show. Last summer I stopped by Bob's shop in West Yellowstone, bought a few things and a starter setup for my son there. Bob was great with my son, gave him a bunch of little free things (hat, pins, etc.) and then tied a fly for him too! We keep that one seperate now, probably will forever too. While I was there, I was pretty new to fly fishing (well, I still am), and I had no idea that he was so popular, but when some people came in to get a picture taken with him, that made me thing about it. Then when I got home I did a little bit of research and was floored.

What's great about this sport is that everyone I have met so far has been an awesome person, no matter how famous they are.

-Gregg