PDA

View Full Version : American report 1-30-2005

David Lee
01-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Fished Glen Hall park - 2 feet vis. , cold slow water (Sac. is backed-up ...) . Put in 2 hours and nothing :cry: . Switching to Folsom , Natoma , or ANYWHERE but the lower A. 'till March . That's all , folks !! D.J.L.

Wednesday Caster
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
David,
Do you have any other recommendations for SH rivers in the Sacramento area if the A is doing so poorly that you're staying away from it 'til March? :shock: Or is that just frustration being vented? :lol:
I'm coming up the Monday after Superbow for fishing (I mean business) :wink: and will have a Tue & Wed a.m. to fish. I've only fished once up north and on only the A. I can see the Feather and Yuba are pretty close to Sac.- any predictions for a week from now (Y, F, A or any other you might recommend)?
Thanks.

David Lee
01-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi WC , you can catch Steelies in the upper river w/ small nymphs most of the time .... I'm not too keen on indicator fishing , though , so I swing for them using sinking lines . I am used to fishing a few select spots in the lower river so when the Big Sacramento floods the lower A. , it ruins my limited fishing runs .
I am not an avid Steelheader (I get quite a few by accident ,tho ...) , I can't seem to get them or anything else when the water is cold (Dec. , Jan. , Feb. ) . If you choose to use the right set-up , you will most likely catch a few .
I AM frustrated ..... I hate winter in ways I couldn't explain to you , but everything WILL change come March (can you say Seasonal depression ????) . Keep in touch , D.J.L.

Wednesday Caster
01-30-2005, 06:52 PM
David,
Is the golf course the landmark that separate upper from lower A? I understand this landmark indicates the protected are before the season opens.
Thanks
WC