PDA

View Full Version : Great story for this area...

Gregg
01-26-2005, 01:43 AM
I was telling Adam the other day...
Earlier this summer ('04) my Dad and I were taking our new bass boat out to Folsom to fish. I set up my 5wt with some small poppers and cast under a fallen tree, looking for a hungry bass (even though I know Folsom bass don't take surface flies...) Anyway, I pulled the fly from the water to back cast again, and after a forward cast I felt something wrong with the line. I back cast again, thinking that my loop to loop connection was just hanging up in the top guide, but when I shot line it just flopped on the water a few yards in front of me. I Pulled the line in and there was the smallest bluegill, hanging on for dear life to a popper than was way too big for it to reasonably eat! I got a photo, but it's on a disposable camera (I'm not quite as technologically advanced as everyone else yet...) When I get it developed I'll try to scan and post it. Since then I've been hooked on the little voracious eaters. I just got the Echo 7'6" 3 wt and will go back, armed with more poppers! :lol:

Darian
01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Gregg,..... You sure you didn't catch that fish on the backcast :?: :?: :D :D

Gregg
01-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm still not sure, but it was in the air for a while! :D

Adam Grace
01-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Gregg is a LIAR :)

He was using that poor little bluegill as bass bait. :lol:

Gregg
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
AAAHHHH! You caught me! Actually, I was trolling with him. :lol:

David Lee
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Nuthin' but SAVAGES - BOTH of you (Baitfishermen ....) , Now , go get in the corner -NOW !!!! :P D.J.L.