PDA

View Full Version : Fly tying Saturday !!

David Lee
01-22-2005, 06:13 PM
I had a GREAT TIME tying and hanging w/ the staff of Kienes today !! Special thanks to Patrick and Mike and the "Marysville Smallmouth crew" , nothing better than having a chance to talk to really neat people about fish/flies/life !! Also a very heartfelt THANK YOU to Mr. Leo G. - your poppers are the BEST !! Thanks for having me in the shop , Bill ! Regards , D.J.L. :D :D :D

Hairstacker
01-23-2005, 02:56 AM
David -- Yep, I have to echo your comments. :D As I expected, it WAS a real treat to come up and hang out while you tied. Learned some new techniques and learned about some materials I wasn't familiar with. Thankfully, you gave away all your flies today, as they will remind me how to strap together all those materials I bought today, ha. You, sir, are a first-class instructor, and I appreciated you covering technques from basic to advanced. A real highlight was your helpful suggestions on how to fish everything you tied today.

Bill -- Really appeciate you featuring David as your tier today! I am definitely looking forward to the next time you have him tying in your store (GREAT store by the way!).

Darian -- Was looking forward to meeting you :( -- hope you survived your racketball tournament. Seeing as how you missed David tying, you better have won a trophy to make up for it, ha.

Darian
01-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Hello Hair/David,..... Sounds like I missed out. Got our collective "arses" booted around the court most of the day. :roll: Started at 8:00 AM and Played our last match at 3:30 PM. Got aches/pains in places I didn't even know I had..... Had a good time tho. Lotsa good old/new friends there. :D

Back to fishing.... Sorry I missed out on meeting you guys in person. Sounds like David and his flies were a real hit. 8)

PatrickM
01-23-2005, 10:31 PM
David, just wanted to give a big thanks for sharing some of your tying and fishing knowledge at the shop on Saturday. Definately time well spent for me. It was also a pleasure to meet Mike. Nothing like hanging out with some nice guys and bs'ing about fishing for a while. Why doesn't my girlfriend understand that? :lol:
Hope to see you guys on the water.
pm

Hairstacker
01-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi Patrick! Hey, likewise, it was a pleasure to meet you too! Always fun to hang out for an afternoon with some avid fly fishers, each bringing their own experiences and stories to the table. Hope you keep us up to date here on your experiences this year.

David Lee
01-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Patrick , you can explain it to your Lovely thusly - would you rather have me hanging out with boering old "fish nerds" , or crusing the mall/bars/strip clubs looking for conversation ?????( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) As always , the lesser of two evils will prevail (guess how I know this ?? :D ) D.J.L. PS- Didja get bit ?

Hairstacker
01-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Now Patrick, for the love of steelhead, be very, very careful about following David's advice here regarding your girlfriend. Remember, she doesn't understand your need to bs about fishing because SHE doesn't bs about fishing. And as far as "She Who Expects To Be The Center Of Your Universe" (an old tribal name that goes back to prehistoric times) is concerned, you don't even REMEMBER what bars full of women or strip clubs are. I urge you to proceed with extreme caution.... Remember, there's always more than one way to pop a bass.

David Lee
01-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Mike -
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ......... :roll:
Ha ! D.J.L.

Hairstacker
01-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, I, uh, just didn't want Patrick to be someone we never saw or heard from again. :wink:

Jgoding
01-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Damn, sorry I missed you David! All I remember about Saturday morning is my brother yelling to wake me up way too early and I had to go cut firewood with the old man til about 3pm or so.

PatrickM
01-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Don't worry, you guys will see me again. I sold her on the "lesser of two evils" argument a long time ago. :twisted: