PDA

View Full Version : The Fly Fishing Show in San Rafael

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-19-2005, 10:55 AM
There are lots of outdoor shows in Nor Cal this time of year but the best one for all of us fly fishers is the show in San Rafael Show.

San Rafael show web link:

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/marin.html

Rick J
01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
This is especially true for spey guys who want to try out rods as there is a lake where you can actually do spey casts assuming the weather cooperates

Adam Grace
01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
The San Rafael Show is great. Finally, a show only about fly fishing with no bass boats, guns, stuffed animals and very little amounts of people who call fly rods POLES! The park where the show is held has a lake in the back that is pefrect for casting and trying out different rods. The lake even has a dock where you can make multi-directional spey casts. There are some great companies who attend this show and do not attend the International Sportsmans Expo.

You all should take the drive to see the show.

Gregg
01-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Adam-

Do you know if the general public can attend? By the posts I am assuming so, which is great. Do you know of any registration fees or steps to go through to attend, or can people just show up? This seems like a great opportunity for retailers and consumers to see what the industry is up to, as well as get a feel for new products.[/b][/u]

Adam Grace
01-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Anyone can attend the San Rafael show. I cannot remember how much I paid for admitance last year. I think the price is around $15 and the parking is free. There should be some info about this show on the web somewhere. I hope to see many of you there.

k.hanley
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
As Bill posted above, the website address for the show is...

www.flyfishingshow.com

Once you're on their site, hit the hot link for San Rafael. You'll get to the pages with exhibitors, speakers, clinics, etc.

We love presenting with these folks. Chuck and Barry put on a first class event. I don't think you'll regret giving them a try. See you at the show.
Cheers, Ken