PDA

View Full Version : Help with fly tying on Saturdays?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2005, 11:05 AM
We are looking for some help with fly tying on Saturdays this winter and spring.

We are looking for one person on each Saturday, 10am till 4pm, to sit out front at the tying table to tie flies and talk to people about fly tying. :)

You need your own tools and materials and we will compensate you for this. You can tie what ever you like to stock you own fly boxes. :idea:

Call or email Bill or Andy. :D

http://www.kiene.com/images/alan.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-19-2005, 12:03 AM
David Lee is going to help us out this Saturday at the shop from 10am till 4pm by tying and talking about some of his favorite AR steelhead and AR striper flies. :D

Hairstacker
01-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Geez David, get paid to stock your own fly box and talk about fly fishing and tying at the same time?!? Does it get any better than that? Knowing you, Bill's customers couldn't be in better hands and are in for a real treat. Heck, I'm very tempted to come up for some lessons myself!

David Lee
01-19-2005, 11:11 AM
So , Mike .... What time are you going to be here ?? :shock: David

Jgoding
01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Hahaha, I was thinking about swinging by too! You can pretend you don't know me and make it look like you're earning that compensation!! And I'll ask you real hard questions!! I'll drop off some sili skin for you to use too!! hahaha

Jeff

David Lee
01-19-2005, 11:56 AM
The REAL compansation is interacting w/ charming fellas such as yourselves - If Bill Kiene wasn't a friend .... well , can you imagine seeing somebody tying the "hot" new fly - superglueing a sluggo onto a hook ... "Here you go ! It's the latest thing !!"
Hope to see ya there (if your woman dosen't find something else for you to do ......) :twisted: - David

Jgoding
01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey David,

I'll see you on Saturday sometime. Maybe you could show me the way to hot glue gun a nice pale salmon egg immitation so it's nice and round.... or to tie those size 22 dry flies I know you love so much...

hahaha

Jeff

Darian
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi David,..... I'm going to try to be there Saturday but can't gaurantee it. If my partner and I are eliminated early, I'll come by and talk Pyramid Lake with you. 8) However, if my racquetball prowess exceeds that of our opponents ( :lol: ), I'll be occupied all day..... Actually, given the level of the competition, I'm likely to be there early. :wink:

David Lee
01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Darian , mind your limbs - you can't fish if you're in traction or plaster .
D.J.L.

Hairstacker
01-19-2005, 02:39 PM
David -- if I can make it, it will be early as possible.

Jeff -- I can tell you know David well.... hot glue gun egg? Probably NOT. :lol:

Jgoding
01-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I would say I know David enough to get him to laugh at a few things. I know he'll be whipping around sili skin and gluing on beads all day Saturday to try to impress us all, hahaha

Jeff

Gregg
01-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Bill-

It would be neat to have a schedule of upcoming tyers who will be showing particular patterns each Saturday. If there happens to be anyone teaching small dries, like PMD's or BWO's I would love to stop by and learn a thing or two. Trust me, I definitley need help (just ask Putnam, he saw my failed attempt at the Harrison. Oh man...) I've tied about as many birdsnests as I can handle so another challenge would be great! :D

mike N
01-30-2005, 01:44 AM
I might have to take you up on it.

Mike

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-30-2005, 10:11 AM
I would love you to come Mike

It would be great..............

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pbcffb5e2cdf85571e15d1ff53b386ba8/fb1d571d.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
01-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Bill,

If you need a body to fill a chair at the tying table, let me know. I should be able to do a saturday or two in March. I would be more than happy to demo tie. What patterns do you want? Striper season is coming, baja is around the corner, perch season is approaching. Or maybe I could try my hand at tying trout flies - No Way.
Well, let me know. I would even stay over the night and maybe do some striper fishing on the American, if there in.

Jay

How about a Llama hair demo

Jgoding
01-31-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi Bill,

I know I've seen that pattern before, but would you be kind enough to enlighten me with a name?? Looks like a caddis pupae???

Jeff

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi Jgoding,

I think it was tied by Mike N. above on "page 1".

If you put your email on your profile, people will email you "stuff".

Jgoding
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks Bill,

I guess it helps if I click "yes" on that show my email question in profile!

Jeff