PDA

View Full Version : Natoma report ... 1/16/2005

David Lee
01-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Hit N at Willow creek 12:00 to 4:30 - nothin' doin' . Main lake vis. 2 feet , willow creek arm vis. almost 4 feet . Small Mayflies coming off(#20 ???) , no fish working/jumping/eating . Took a look off the bike bridge over WC after a pee , light fading fast , thought I saw a LARGE TROUT - looked around 8 lbs. ?? RAN LIKE MAD to get into position thru large bramble patch , lost what little light there was and blew the run , all at the same time (God , I'm good) . Came home hungry and "water-goofy" , not too cold for a change . Currently putting my head in the oven . :roll:

I hate winter ..... David

Darian
01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi David,...... Just so you don't think you're alone in this madness, I was thinking about going over to Pyramid Lake soon. Haven't set a date yet....
It was about 15 degrees out there ysterday AM.... :roll:

Hairstacker
01-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Hi guys! You know, that Natoma sounds like one tough place in the winter. I know monsters have come out of there but those Natoma trout are downright insulting.

And Darian, you're going to fly fish Pyramid when it's 15 degrees?!? You're as crazy as David ... which I find very inspiring! And here I thought I was going to wile the winter away, warm and comfortable, tying flies....

David Lee
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Darian , Mike , .... I think the three of us should DO Pyramid some time . I've never been there and it would be better w/ 3 guys freezing than 1 :cry: . Lemmy know .... David

Darian
01-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi David,.... Sounds like the start of a plan. Actually, we don't have to fish when it's that cold. If we wait until Late Feb or early Mar, the weather is more moderate (30's in the AM to 40's in the PM). The fishing is more consistent then, as well.

Gotta dress warm.... The water is still very cold but step Ladders keep you above the water line for the most part.... If we can hit it right, it's a nice place to fish at that time.

I recall fishing there once when it was necessary to walk out on an ice sheet, jump off into the water to wade and fish. Caught several fish that time, as well. I don't relish that type of weather that much anymore, tho. Call or E-mail me and we'll talk it over.

Hairstacker
01-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Now where the heck is that stepladder when you need it....