PDA

View Full Version : Prams

Adam Grace
01-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I own an 8 foot tri-hull pram. It is great for one person to fish out of. I have a nice little two stroke four horse motor which moves me up and down the American just fine.

What types of boats do you guys own and fish out of?

Hairstacker
01-15-2005, 02:59 AM
This past year, I did almost all of my fly fishing for bass in the south Delta out of an inflatable 1-person kayak. Could park it on top of weedbeds and fish from spot to spot, or simply drift and fly cast to shore structures as the scenery slowly scrolled by.... Kept the kayak, the pump, paddle and life vest permanently stored in the trunk of the car so I would be good to go on a moment's notice -- worked great!

Darian
01-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi Adam,..... I too fish out of a 8', tri-hull pram (a TPL dinghy) on occassion. (Just a bit of history.... I bought it from Bill back when he had a shop accross Fulton in a shop in the center over there [circa 1970's]). It doesn't get used nearly as much as it did. Caught a bunch of Salmon and Stripers out of that pram in places all over the coast and valley rivers. Gave me a bunch of very good memories. Have Bill to thank for that.

Now I have a 16' Old Town canoe, the pram, a float tube and a 17' foot Fisher Bass Boat for the every contingency. Wheeew!!! Wonder where all of this'll end????. (hmmmm,..... need a panga for East Cape)

Terry Thomas
01-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Adam,
Still using the good old 8ft. Valco, one seater. Has done a good job for me for many years.
Terry

JJ
01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
It's been my understanding that fuel motors are either not allowed or not encouraged up the American - in any event, I would suggest doing the fish, fisherman and the environment a favor Adam by stowing the motor and using oars like the rest of us. Thank you for your cooperation

Darian
01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
These comments are directed to JJ..... As a general rule, I don't reply to notes such as yours. However, there is a certain arrogance in yours that requires some response. Your comments indicate the assumption that Adam has used his outboard motor in an area of the American where it is not allowed (a fact not in evidence) and that all of "us" would rather row our boats. It seems to me that your comments are not warranted or entirely correct.

When Striper fishing, I've used an outboard in the lower American for over a year next to as many as 100 other users on any summer weekend. While it may be true that outboards are not allowed/encouraged on parts of the American, it's not true for all parts.

It's, also, presumptuous of you to speak for all of "us". Altho Adam doesn't need me to speak for him, I'm sure he and I are just as conscious of the needs of fish, the river and other fisherman as you.....

Rob
02-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I have a 9' pontoon boat by Outcast.. :D My boys have floated the Yuba with it but I have yet to use it. :cry: I'm their Shuttle !!!!!!

Darian
02-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey Rob,.... Time to reverse the roles 8) 8) 8) Why else have kids :?: :twisted: :twisted: