PDA

View Full Version : New Pentax OptioWP digital camera

Bill Kiene
01-14-2005, 01:01 AM
The OptioWP is 5 mp with a 3x optical zoom. I will be $400+ in the USA. It is operational waterproof to 3 feet deep and has a large 2" LCD monitor. It will shoot down to 0.4" in Macro????

Web Link to OptioWP:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/product_details?reqID=6442215&subsection=optio

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/product/OptioWP.lg_01.jpg

Adam Grace
01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
The new Pentax camera looks awesome. I am really enjoying my new 43wr Opito. I will post more about it later unfortunately I am very tired and must regain some much needed sleep. I will post more about my new digitl camera experiences later on.

bobb
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I have a Optio 33WR that is a very good fishing camera - except for the shutter lag time. Checking the the specs for the Optio WP it appears that the shutter delay issue has been improved. With all the other added goodies it looks like a great sportsmans camera.

Now then, how can I justify buying one?

Cheers
bobb

Adam Grace
02-03-2005, 08:50 PM
The shutter time on the 43WR is not too slow but it doesn't shoot off pics like a SLR digital. If I had more money to spend on a camera I would have purchased the WP but it costs roughly $200 more than my 43WR.

Like I said before I enjoy my new camera and I'm taking pictures of everything.

Digital Cameras are fun :!:

BigBuddha
03-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Adam, is it easy to operate your camera one handed?

Terry Thomas
03-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Adam,
Doesn't look like the WP is out yet. I've checked a few web sites and none of them have them in stock yet. Anyone else find one?
T.

Adam Grace
03-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Bigbuhda, I haven't seen your message until now. My little Optio 43WR is easy to operate with one hand. The only issue would be camera shake. Since the camera is so small and light you need a fairly steady hand. That info taken into consideration, I have had a small amont of blury pictures taken with one hand. Since I have purchsed my camera and talked to people about it I have influenced multiple people into purchasing the same camera. The performance of the camera has done most of the influencing but I like to talk it up. If you were to go online and read write-ups about the camera you will find a consistant amount of good reviews.

I realy enjoy my litle camera. I hope you enjoy which ever camera you decide on just as much as I do mine.

Terry, I would wait for it if I were you!