PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone fishing the Yuba Hwy 20 bridge opener today?

Pvillarr
12-01-2023, 12:33 PM
I am busy with our newborn, but I wonder if anyone fished it. I also heard the land owner on the Park Quarry side is now charging people to access his land. Apparently, he owns the land where the trails are down to the river.

Troutsource
12-01-2023, 05:22 PM
Same question here.

bonish
12-01-2023, 09:25 PM
Looked like a lot of cars parked there today.

PV_Premier
12-03-2023, 09:04 PM
I also heard the land owner on the Park Quarry side is now charging people to access his land. Apparently, he owns the land where the trails are down to the river.

How is he collecting the $? What is the cost?

Pretty shocking what has happened to the Yuba the past year and without a wink of public pushback from SYRCL/TU/Etc. That said, maybe that has happened and I have just missed it since I pay about zero ounces of attention these days to California matters.

Pvillarr
12-03-2023, 09:51 PM
How is he collecting the $? What is the cost?

Pretty shocking what has happened to the Yuba the past year and without a wink of public pushback from SYRCL/TU/Etc. That said, maybe that has happened and I have just missed it since I pay about zero ounces of attention these days to California matters.

I believe it is $40 to park on his property or $500 for a year. I don’t know how he is collecting besides physically being there in person.

PV_Premier
12-03-2023, 09:53 PM
I doubt he owns the road and the parking rights but I also won’t be the one to look into it. Certainly he owns the upstream trespass rights above the high water mark.

mattv-mcfly
12-04-2023, 03:36 PM
I believe it is $40 to park on his property or $500 for a year. I don’t know how he is collecting besides physically being there in person.

That side above the bridge use to be so good before the 2017 flood. That long flat by the willows and that round riffle pool below it was so fun to fish. Now I don't know why people fish that side. $40 to park is absolutely not worth it.

Woodman
12-04-2023, 04:40 PM
I doubt he owns the road and the parking rights but I also won’t be the one to look into it. Certainly he owns the upstream trespass rights above the high water mark.

My understanding is that if you stay under the bridge, you're in a public right-of-way.

Spicytuna1
12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
I was one of the boats floating the upper club section on the 1st. Fishing was good with smaller fish, nothing of times past but could be due to all the Salmon being in the Feather. Still a great day on the water with good numbers of fish and a few quality ones.

PV_Premier
12-05-2023, 06:44 PM
My understanding is that if you stay under the bridge, you're in a public right-of-way.

Who knows. I went to the Yuba last about 2 years ago. 2023 is my second year in a row without a CA fishing license.

yubaman
12-06-2023, 11:01 AM
In looking at an online landowner parcel map, the Parks Bar Road is Caltrans property, included within the Highway 20 property lines. It is NOT privately owned. This person would legally seem to have no right to charge for parking on this road. It is Caltrans property all the way up to the gate into Nordic Industries quarry.

As well, near the gate to the quarry, the section below the road is Nordic Industries property. If you can make it through some bushes, it looks like you can access the river through Nordic Properties land, and avoid the property where the landowner is enforcing trespass rights. I have not been to the bridge for awhile, so I am not sure what access is like through the bushes, or how Nordic Industries feels about that.

Bob

Pvillarr
12-06-2023, 01:17 PM
I was one of the boats floating the upper club section on the 1st. Fishing was good with smaller fish, nothing of times past but could be due to all the Salmon being in the Feather. Still a great day on the water with good numbers of fish and a few quality ones.

Thank you for the report. The Yuba was amazing 2-3 years ago but it doesn’t seem like that size of fish came back.

Pvillarr
12-06-2023, 01:18 PM
In looking at an online landowner parcel map, the Parks Bar Road is Caltrans property, included within the Highway 20 property lines. It is NOT privately owned. This person would legally seem to have no right to charge for parking on this road. It is Caltrans property all the way up to the gate into Nordic Industries quarry.

As well, near the gate to the quarry, the section below the road is Nordic Industries property. If you can make it through some bushes, it looks like you can access the river through Nordic Properties land, and avoid the property where the landowner is enforcing trespass rights. I have not been to the bridge for awhile, so I am not sure what access is like through the bushes, or how Nordic Industries feels about that.

Bob

Thank you for looking into this. It is truly appreciated. I hope the anglers are respectful and keep the place clean, but I also do not agree with someone not being honest with property ownership.

PV_Premier
12-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Thank you for the report. The Yuba was amazing 2-3 years ago but it doesn’t seem like that size of fish came back.

2-3 years ago was good. 2014ish was amazing.

Troutsource
12-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Is the Yube muddied up due to the rain?

What kind of precip or Deer Creek flows are needed to trigger this?

Thanks.

Woodman
12-08-2023, 12:25 PM
Is the Yube muddied up due to the rain?

What kind of precip or Deer Creek flows are needed to trigger this?

Thanks.

Deer Creek can muddy up the yuba pretty good. Deer Creek peaked at about 20 cfs and is dropping now, so probably not too bad. When Deer Creek is running 100 cfs or more, it lowers Yuba visibility considerably.

Troutsource
12-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Great! Thanks for the intel.

Spicytuna1
12-11-2023, 04:54 PM
2-3 years ago was good. 2014ish was amazing.

It was really good back in 98' when we would stick 18" -19" fish all evening long on a Royal Trude and never saw another soul.

Troutsource
12-14-2023, 12:32 PM
I've noticed fish seem to be bigger during dry years, smaller in wet years. I speculate that in dry years the little ones are easier for the big ones to catch and eat and become fat.

The fish this year on the Yuba are apparently small (as people have noted). Last winter was nuts.

Troutsource
12-19-2023, 03:04 PM
Deer Creek 90 CFS:

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/11418500/#parameterCode=00060&period=P7D&showMedian=true

Troutsource
12-20-2023, 07:36 AM
Anyone know if the Yuba is severely muddied up due to Deer Creek? It crested around 115 CFS overnight (was above 100 CFS for about 10 hours), and is now dropping pretty fast, at 80 CFS as of 6AM. If it's muddy, any idea if it will clear up by the weekend in the absence of major rain (only 1/10" - 1/4" rain expected today before it stops). Thanks.

Woodman
12-20-2023, 08:45 AM
My guess would be pretty muddy but fishable. Will clear up as the contribution form Deer Creek diminishes.

Pvillarr
12-21-2023, 10:17 AM
Anyone know if the Yuba is severely muddied up due to Deer Creek? It crested around 115 CFS overnight (was above 100 CFS for about 10 hours), and is now dropping pretty fast, at 80 CFS as of 6AM. If it's muddy, any idea if it will clear up by the weekend in the absence of major rain (only 1/10" - 1/4" rain expected today before it stops). Thanks.

Did you make it out there? I haven’t seen one pic of anyone fishing the Yuba. It’s weird. I would go out there but it’s been tough with a newborn walking around.

Troutsource
12-21-2023, 01:50 PM
My guess would be pretty muddy but fishable. Will clear up as the contribution form Deer Creek diminishes.

Thanks for this.

Pvillar, no, if I go it will likely be Saturday (maybe Tuesday) and I'd be happy to post some intel. Funny how some major life developments infringe on our fishing time. Try hard to teach your kids to love fishing. Then you can kill two birds at once.

PS Deer Creek is already down to 30 CFS.

Troutsource
12-25-2023, 02:36 PM
Went Saturday for about 4 hours and between the two of us we landed 3 fish. Water is clear. A small short-lived olive hatch, no action on imitations.

kevins
12-26-2023, 08:54 AM
Integrating security into the DevOps process is crucial https://mlsdev.com/blog/devops-services . DevSecOps practices ensure that security measures are implemented throughout the development lifecycle, addressing potential vulnerabilities from the outset.

Pvillarr
12-26-2023, 11:32 AM
Went Saturday for about 4 hours and between the two of us we landed 3 fish. Water is clear. A small short-lived olive hatch, no action on imitations.

Thanks for the report!

Troutsource
12-27-2023, 11:49 PM
Fished yesterday, did best on PMD nymphs