PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba River

Judd1010
11-11-2023, 05:11 PM
How is the lower Yuba river fishing lately? Thinking about heading out there soon. Any thing helps thank you

Woodman
11-11-2023, 07:41 PM
How is the lower Yuba river fishing lately? Thinking about heading out there soon. Any thing helps thank you

Flows are in a good range. Access is limited with the road closed on the south side and the river closed above the Hwy 20 bridge. Can probably cross at Hammonton in these flows and then go up or down. I'd get out there before the coming rain as it will get muddy from Deer Creek.

Judd1010
11-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Flows are in a good range. Access is limited with the road closed on the south side and the river closed above the Hwy 20 bridge. Can probably cross at Hammonton in these flows and then go up or down. I'd get out there before the coming rain as it will get muddy from Deer Creek.

Thank you I appreciate the info.

Judd1010
11-11-2023, 08:39 PM

Do you know if you are able to hike down from the south side where the road is closed?

PV_Premier
11-11-2023, 09:37 PM
Do you know if you are able to hike down from the south side where the road is closed?

Yes should not be an issue. But the better runs is from the bottom up (or bottom down).

Judd1010
11-11-2023, 10:13 PM
Yes should not be an issue. But the better runs is from the bottom up (or bottom down).

Okay thank you!

PV_Premier
11-12-2023, 06:04 PM
If you go from the bridge, a mountain bike might be your friend. That’s what I would do…in the absence of a watercraft and shuttle driver