PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Anglers (Hardy) System (Marquis) Reels (set).

Skyler76
10-26-2023, 07:45 PM
Sold as a set. I collected these reels over a few years, growing up and learning to fish in Scotland I've always felt a connection to Hardys - sort of have a thing for them. Recently my father gave me a set of Marquis reels and as a result I have no need to hang on to these.

These are the original Hardy Marquis, and made by Hardy. Identical except for the name on the reel (they still say made by hardy however).

These are all in very good shape and in original zip up cases. The springs are like new and boy do they scream when something is pulling line out of them.

4 Reels, 2 extra spools
System 5
System 8 with two extra spools
System 10 (Marquis Salmon 1)
System 11 (Somewhere between a Salmon 1 & 2)

$800. Cash Only, Local Only, Folsom Area.

I'll get some pictures up but if you're interested, text me at 916 623 triple 5 two.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2023, 08:54 PM
Some free advice:

Someone might buy all those reels and spools, but not likely.

I always advise that people sell rods and reels, one at a time.

Best of luck though.

Your price is fair.

I am a big fan of all those reels, even today.

Skyler76
10-26-2023, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence? Odd.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence? Odd.

It was good advice from someone who spent a lifetime in the fly fishing business...

Bob G
10-27-2023, 07:27 PM
Hey Skyler76 -

Bill Kiene is the most knowledgeable and generous fly fishing forum administrator in existence. While you might get extremely lucky and accomplish your sale, for now you should send Bill an apology.

Good Luck, Bob

RoosterHunter
10-27-2023, 08:03 PM
Best advice from someone who was in the business for 50 years.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-28-2023, 04:44 AM
Those are wonderful classic fly reels and I hope he sells them to someone who will enjoy them too.